Sign in to follow this  
torque2

PMDG abandoned FS9?

just purchased the Pimgee MD-11

You'll love her Ed, Pax or Freight, given time you will love her.

Hi dlipsitz and welcome to 'our' forum.

Aerosoft may still have stocks of CD versions of certain PMDG aircraft unless already sold out.

iFly, through Flight1, provide excellent models of the Boeing 737NG series as well as the 747-400 (further models of which may be developed.) 

Not as of today, when I just checked. PMDG no longer supports FS2004(ACOF), aka FS9. Products listed via the link you provided ONLY work with either FSX (SP2 or Accel) or P3D v2.x. It was that way when I checked last year about this time as well.

Yeah, your right. The only reason I posted my statement because I just purchased some PMDG products in fall and a week later they discontinued sale for FS9. I couldn't believe it.

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=11787&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=english

is aerosoft's UK shop which has the PMDG B600 - 900 suite. Registering the product on that site gets you the latest FAQ and patches as well if needed. The B600/700 does not have the complete instrument inventory but installing the 800/900 completes the set for all.

Only the aerosoft US licensing from PMDG was affected.

amazon UK has the same 4 in 1 package:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PMDG-737-600-700-FS2004/dp/B0043M64MY/ref=sr_1_8?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1433363951&sr=8-8&keywords=pmdg

There is a community support forum here on AVSIM.

http://www.amazon.com/PMDG-747-400-Queen-Skies-Add--Windows/dp/B000F9AP24/ref=sr_1_2?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1433464259&sr=1-2&keywords=pmdg+747

Aerosoft package ships from UK but order in US.

$44.99. 13 left in stock today. As with the Aerosoft 737 suite, once you register it an FAQ and any service packs if needed will be supplied by them.

Note it states platform is Win XP so if you have 7 ask users here if it works OK.

http://forums1.avsim.net/forum/136-the-pmdg-support-forum/ is the unofficial support forum here.

also:

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/354-pmdg-737-ng-fs9-legacy-version/

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=02380&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=english states Win XP only but ???

• Upvote 1

I found the box set for the PMDG 737NG 600-900 on Aerosoft's Germany site.  Been a while since I read anything in German, lol.  It was about $35 USD (I'm in the US, so no VAT, but had to pay the same amount in shipping).  It should be here in a couple of weeks.  Having a couple of weeks to play with it and make sure it works as claimed (money back guarantee) is more than enough time for me to practice a couple of shakedown flights and a couple of flights for my virtual airline, about all I need to make sure it works.

I looked into iFly, and liked everything about it.  Then I researched their support.  Yes, pirating is a problem, I was put out of business in the late '80's by clients illegally copying and sharing my applications. But, wow, talk about overkill.  That's way too much drama for this little old (well, relative to most here) lady in a wheelchair.  I've never seen anything like it, and most certainly don't want to take any risks I'll be subjected to the same sort of abuse others were.  Too bad, I really did like the iFly product, and was more than willing to pay more for it than what I finally paid for PMDG's.  My hobby is both challenging and fun, and I want to keep it that way.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up guys about Aerosoft.  I ended up getting a better deal than I thought I would.  Look for me online (either VATSIM or IVAO, I'll be testing it on both) doing some, um, interesting flying over KEDW for a few days, just to get the hang of things.  Then it's back to transporting the self-loading cargo for DeltaVA, while I search for a NOAA version of the Navy's new P-8 (B738-ERX) for next year's hurricane season, lol.

But, wow, talk about overkill.  That's way too much drama ...

Huh?  iFly has terrific support.  True they ask customers to register their purchase to avoid giving pirates access to their support forum.  But that that is a simple, transparent and painless procedure.  Frankly I can't imagine what, in particular, turned you off them.

I'm glad you've acquired the PMDG bundle ... whilst getting long in the tooth now (like me) it is easy to run on most equipment.

Happy flying.

I have both the PMDG 737-800-900 box from Aerosoft and the ifly 737. The PMDG is very good but lacking a lot of features compared to the ifly.

I am sure you will enjoy what you have ordered, but I too dont understand what put you off ifly. The online resgistration of products is no different to any other download product.

With your PMDG box you will still have to enter a key when you install the program.

Peter Schluter

I have a fps issue with the iFly 737 (fixed in an update I believe which I never bothered to dl) and I'm kind of attached to the Pmdg 737 anyway so I just stayed with it. PMDG MD-11 is one of the best FS9 addons ever. Of the 747 series I really only like the freighter....

iFly is no different than anyone else regarding any piracy measures. Support is good although I had a recent thread there I know I was correct and support was wrong. Despite outlining everything for them and my suggestions curing another users problem, still could not get support to look at the issue I brought to their attention. I thought it a little disappointing.  

Mark Daniels

PMDG a/c for FS9 are still on eBay - and Amazon.co.uk. I saw a box of the 737-600-700-800-900NG, 747-400 and MD-11 the other day on Amazon (but I have them all already). Sorry if this has already been poinbted out - I have only quickly read through all the previous posts in this thread.

The 747-400F - I have it, but copyright issues preclude anyone sharing it I would think. I wonder why PMDG don't put it into the AVSIM library! (You can't install it unless you have a legit version of the passenger 747, can you? I don't recall).

Perhaps I made a bad call, but I don't believe so.  I have no problem with developers restricting technical support, upgrades, service packs, etc to sites they control that restrict access to PAID registered users, I think it's a great idea.  iFly just took it a bit too far, crossing the line into libel and defamation of character in more than a few instances I saw.  Sorry, but questions that involve a pilot training issue that can apply to ANY developers' same aircraft type (including the Microsoft default aircraft) should not be confined to only iFly's forum.  And, yes, I saw that happen a lot in various forums on various sites.

We all know the deliberate bugs that indicate a particular user is using a pirated version of some developer's product.  More than a few of us chuckle whenever we see questions on how to get around those bugs, and perhaps make note of who that particular user is for future reference.  But, if I have a question that only indirectly relates to a product, I should be able to ask that question in any forum I feel most appropriate, without being accused of a federal level felony (which crosses into the areas of libel and defamation).  Obviously if I have a question that is specific to a particular product, asking it in that developer's forum is the most appropriate way to find the answer.  Even then, however, if they don't have an answer I should be able to ask elsewhere to find said answer.  With iFly, that appears to not be possible.

Now, should the developers at iFly choose to change that particular policy, I'll be more than happy to add their product to my virtual hangar.  I'm hoping they will, though after what I saw I'm not optimistic they will.

Now, should the developers at iFly choose to change that particular policy, I'll be more than happy to add their product to my virtual hangar.  I'm hoping they will, though after what I saw I'm not optimistic they will.

"Frankly my dear I don't give a damn"  Clark Gable in Gone with the Wind.

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink."  Old truism.