Sign in to follow this  
Bakern

Effects, or lack of them in FSX-SE.

Hi,

Anyone else noticed that they miss some effects in FSX-SE version? i have only installed steam version of FSX, all files are there where they should be, installed PMDG MD11, no problem when installing it, accepted all elements in Trusted Section! (All 3 PMDG.dll's and 2 MD11dll's), every instrument in cockpit is working nicely, great fps in game, but when in spot view i see i misses nav, strobe and beacon lights. Anyone lese noticed it?

Later i installed some scenery's and noticed same thing, lights in scenery who comes from effect files is missing, runway, papi etc working normal...

Someone who can explain this or is it a bug in FSX-SE?

Btw, have tried several drivers for my GTX780 card, with no luck. (i'm on Win7 x64)

I agree, there is also an topic on the Steam forums regarding these problems. Effects won't work in FSX SE until Dovetail released a patch.

Just found out that when you LOWER the level of special effects to e.g. medium you can see the effects again. Setting HIGH level of special effects give me zero effects. Seems to be a bug but for me it solved the effects issue for now. Not sure this works for all effects but just give it a try ;-)

Wow! Amazing find Patrick. Thanks for that! I confirm your find here, the effects come back.

Only to find what is turn off with special effects in medium?

Again, nice find!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Great spot, Patrick. 

When FSX-SE installs the Effects slider defaults to High.  I was puzzled by the absence of a wake when flying the Grumman seaplane.  Your suggested move to Medium cured the problem immediately.

Many thanks

Frank

Regards

Frank Jones

Just found out that when you LOWER the level of special effects to e.g. medium you can see the effects again. Setting HIGH level of special effects give me zero effects. Seems to be a bug but for me it solved the effects issue for now. Not sure this works for all effects but just give it a try ;-)

Great find! Thanks a lot.

Theres a lot of info here so its worth regularly looking here

http://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/

There is some good posts on there, let me quote this idiot lol

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Why have you done this steam? This game was at least £50 when i bought it and now its £19.99?!! This is unfair! Can you even add planes and use VATSIM with this? It's a disgrace! Why do you need to start selling it? It's not like you are planning to do anything with it! This is a bit like trying to sell Minecraft for £2!!"

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yes, there are many rather ignorant posts there. Unfortunately quite a few are being made by self-proclaimed "long time simmers..." :Shame On You:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator