Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Default FSX jets shaking

I have just noticed that if I fly the default 737-800, Lear Jet 45 or CRJ-700 above about 250kts at any altitude, the aircraft start to shake violently as one might experience in either a stall or overspeed situation. This does not occur with the default 747-400 or F/A-18 or any of my addon jet aircraft of which I have a large number operational in FSX.

I guess I have not noticed this before as I very rarely fly any of the default FSX aircraft, other than for occasional test purposes to evaluate frame rates with a new addon airport. Although I rarely fly default, having noticed this I would now like to solve the issue, as problems tend to irritate me, and any help would be appreciated!

Bill

Sounds like approaching a stall, do you have your sim set to TAS instead of IAS?

Settings/Realism

Jay

Sounds like approaching a stall, do you have your sim set to TAS instead of IAS?

Settings/Realism

Thanks Jay. I have already checked the realism settings and I can confirm that the sim is set to IAS.

Yes, it does seem like the sort of juddering you get approaching a stall but this happens when the aircraft is accelerating beyond about 250kts, well above stalling speed and in level flight, not in any high speed stall inducing attitude.

Bill

I guess this may be in some way related to some parameter in the aircraft cfg. Does anyone know what I should be looking at in the cfg which might be giving rise to this problem?

Bill

If it is happening with some default planes but not others I'm lost. I'm sure you have already checked that the plane is 'clean', flaps-slats-spoilers, gear

Can you take a screen shot of the 2D cockpit when it happens?

Just had another thought, you dont happen to have "Accu Feel' installed do you?

Edited by PIC007

Jay

Just had another thought, you dont happen to have "Accu Feel' installed do you

Great afterthought Jay - I do have Accu Feel installed and it was the problem! I found that the Vne speeds for these 3 aircraft was set far too low within Accu Feel, which is odd as I don't think I ever bothered configuring Accu Feel for these 3 aircraft, because as I said previously, I very rarely fly the default aircraft!

I must admit that when I was puzzling over this problem, I didn't consider Accu Feel at all, so many thanks for your help in providing a solution!

Bill

Mystery solved! I had a flashback to when I first installed AF, had a lot of planes hitting a high speed buffet too, glad ya got it sorted!

Jay