Sign in to follow this  
jsheldon

Help with Flylogic Zurich FS 9 Scenary

Guest Makisxenat

Hi to everybodyYesterday I purchased via the web the zurich Fs9 Scenary as Zurich is my favourite airportHowever all the AI aircraft are sinking, they are about 6 meters below ground looking like submarinesI installed and reinstalled it and till all ai aircraft are submergedAny help...anybody ThnksMakis

Guest jennifer

Given that this is a payware product you really should contact the authors but for freeware I use JABBgl by Jacky Brouze.

Guest Makisxenat

Thanks My e mail is makisxenat@aol.comI send you an e mail as wellI have been tortured with this since saturday morningNow 16:45 in NYCThanks againMakis

Guest jennifer

A new AFCAD won't cure aircraft at the wrong elevation I fear!!

Hi Jeroen,I have also sent you an email to ask if you could send me the AFCAD as well - I thought this problem was just happening to me !Many thanksJonathan

Guest jennifer

Sorry, an AFCAD file won't cure elevation problems.....

Guest jennifer

You need to edit bgl files in the main scenery folder and that is most easily done with JAABGl by Jacky Brouze.....:-) As I said above, if it's a payware scenery you should let the makers know.....they should issue a fix!!

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Makis,why not to give a look athttp://www.flightsimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37896Had your same problem during weekend but now all work fine.Basically you have to edit via JABBGL the file AP950150.bgl in FS9sceneryEurwscenery and change airport elevation to 431.590.Be careful! make a backup copy of that file just in case...Hope this helpLuigi ;-)

Guest jennifer

Heh Martin"a new AFCAD2 file should definitely cure it. The airport elevation is coded into the AFCAD2 file, and AI aircraft use this file for reference".It's not as easy as as just popping in another AFCAD. Try it and see for yourself......

When FS9 startsup it reads the world scenery folders to adjust the AI Planes wheel contact based on airport elevation found in the APnnnnnnn.bgl files.If AI Planes are not sitting on the apron properly on startup this is because the 3rd party scenery is at a different altitude then the root APnnnnnnnn.bgl altitude. No matter what, FS9 always reads the altitude in the root file from the header on startup and not the scenery altitude the designer set.Jabbgl is a bandaid and the responsibility of scenery altitude lies on the designer and not FS9. Jabbgl changes root stock FS9 altitudes which is not the correct way to solve the problem. Designers must be notified not only to fix the problem but also learn that FS9 has a very strict coding for airport elevation that must be followed.AFCAD altitude (ref point, runways, start location points) must always agree with APnnnnnnn.bgl altitude. Because AFCAD's are considered Addon Airport scenery those files are read at the top of the priority list. AFCAD altitudes calculate airborne AI Traffic/User Airplane hard floor altitudes only. When the AI Plane enters the visual zone of an airport FS9 uses the Runway altitude from AFCAD to calculate the landing hard floor. It always appears that changing AFCAD altitude does nothing because your plane (on startup) is sitting on the ground to begin with and not airborne/landing. Taxiways and aprons by default in FS9 have flatten commands embedded in the coding. These flattens always seek/read the Airport altitude in the APnnnnnnn.bgl. Runways do not have a default flatten command in FS9 so is important that the AFCAD runway/start locations agree with the root altitude.All of this must be a consideration when new airport scenery is designed. Three different altitudes read from three different sources, three different times on startup for three different reasons and they must always agree.1. The Airport header altitude in the root files2. The AFCAD altitudes (ref, runway, start points) that must be the same as the root (AFCAD embeds both "read" and "read only" statements)3. Scenery designer airport altitudes

Guest jennifer

Thanks for the definitive reply Jim. I still think Flylogic should sort it out given that they are charging for this scenery.