Sign in to follow this  
Liam123

Unable to Delete Fonts Folder-FSX

Hi

I have uninstalled FSX from Control Panel, however in the main FSX directory in Program Files(x86) the only folder left is fonts...

The 4 fonts are:

arialnb

arialnbi

glassga

quartz

When I try to delete them its says the file is open in system, close the file and try again.

I have already made sure I have full control over the files in properties and I have also rebooted in safe mode.

Thanks

Try turning off User Access Control (UAC).  Hit the Start button, type UAC in the search box and then look up in the Menu for changing User Access Controls.  If this does not work, move the FSX folder to another drive, then delete it.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Having the same issue.  Tried deleting in windows minimal service safe mode, and it does not work either.

Aleksandar Djordjevic

WAT528.png

If deleting in safe mode fails, the only other option that may work is to move everything off of the drive that contains the folder, reformat the drive and then move everything except the folder back.

Of course if the folder is on the system drive, it is hardly worth all that effort. The problem is that the OS continues to load these fonts at start up because they were not uninstalled correctly in the first place.

Try the free "unlocker" tool, it will attempt to free up any file handles on the file and if that doesn't work it will schedule the file to be deleted on the next reboot, which is usually effective.