Hi!

I think it would be great if I could get one small keypad and use it close to my Yoke, so as to have some certain commands closer to me (example Ivap speaking through Teamspeak, etc).

But then I wonder, how will I set it up? FSX "sees" my main keyboard. How will I add the second keypad?

Does anyone use extra keypads and happen to know the way?

I saw a very interesting keypad from Razor Orbweaver or something like that..it looks amazing...

Cheers

Dimitris

I use a usb numpad for my GPS and it works perfectly. Simply assign the key presses to the command you want. Can't see why it wouldn't work with a keypad. Similar to a Nostromo, right?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I use a usb numpad for my GPS and it works perfectly. Simply assign the key presses to the command you want. Can't see why it wouldn't work with a keypad. Similar to a Nostromo, right?

Hi Ron,

I was wondering, if I assign let's say number "1" on keypad, will the number "1" on main keyboard be deleted? will there be any conflict?

No. Keyboard 1 will still be 1. But you wouldn't do that would you? Presumably you want to assign FSX commands to your key pad. Just go and do it as per normal. Select a command e.g. 'Gear up' or whatever\Change assignment\press your keypad button of choice. Simples.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

As I keep preaching (although I have no connection to the developer; but I did donate) is the use of HIDmacros (freeware).

http://www.hidmacros.eu/

Buy a cheap USB keypad. HIDMacros sees it as another keyboard and you can use its built-in simconnect commands to program anything you want. Works great. I use one for GPS commands (I hate squinting or changing the views) and autopilot commands. The numbers I covered with printed labels.

Works great with X-Plane too.

Thank you very much for your replies. 

hidmacros seems interesting! 

Logitech is also nice! And I suppose it can also be configured through hidmacros. 

Cheers

Dimitris

Hi Dimitris, 

I purchased a simple Targus USB keypad that matches the "numeric" keypad. I use it to change views, as my Essential Tremor makes a mess of working with the hat control. If I get messed up, I just hit 5 and am back to a central view.

Best part is that it is cheap, and it works for both left hands and right hands, sometimes concurrently!   :P

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Does anyone have HIDMacros or LUAMacros working with a keypad to work with the ATC menu options? If so can you give this non-techie some pointers please.