Sign in to follow this  
TheRedBadger

WOAI Manual Installing Issue

Hello again!

After several attempts of installing AI traffic automatically with the WOAI installed, I resorted to manual installs. Automatic installs didn't work out since the flight and aircraft files never appeared in the respective FS9 folders, even after selecting the right path (below the "FS2004" target).

For some reason, aircraft don't always appear at the gates (no AA traffic at DFW (addon terminal)) until I reinstall.

It came to my attention that evey time I dragged the aircraft and flight files into FS9, it tells me that some files of the same name already exist (I always overwrite). Perhaps after I manually install each airline, something goes wrong? The airline information under the aircraft.cfg (I.e., "WOAI_B757_2RR") I believe is to blame, somehow. I've checked for each airline downloaded under the aircraft.cfg file, and usually found each airline name in the cfg (I'll have to confirm when I get back home in several days, though).

Is my method for installing AI traffic ok? Or should I never overwrite, and instead just allow new files with a (1) suffix to be created when prompted to do so?

In your FS9 aircraft folder, it will not matter what the actual individual aircraft folder is called. What will matter absolutely is that within the aircraft.cfg file, the "title=" line must exactly match the title that is in the WOAI flightplans file (obtained from the WOAI aircraft file).

Adding duplicate aircraft folders will only complicate matters, so I suggest you dont do it.

The auto installer obviously did work, or you would not be getting a duplicate warning from windows!

please post a link to the WOAI package you are trying to install.

Peter Schluter

If you are doing a manual install and you overwrite an existing airplane folder (actually it will be a merge, not an overwrite) you will have problems.

All of the texture folders will be there however the aircraft.cfg will not be correct. Windows can merge folders, it cannot merge data within a file.

What will happen is you will only have one airline in the aircraft.cfg, which one depends on if you allow Windows to overwrite the old file with the new one, or not.

When doing a manual install and your new airline has an airplane folder that already exists in your ...\FS9\Aircraft folder, you need to manually add the new [fltsim.nn] sections to the existing aircraft.cfg.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

So it is not a matter of simply adding the woai.cfg file information to the main woai.cfg file? I spent all last night copying and pasting one airline after another onto the main woai.cfg file and overwriting all aircraft folders as I dumped them into the simobjects folder.

I have to manually change all the individual aircraft config files in each aircraft folder???

Man this will take the rest of my life if this is the case.

I never have been able to get the autoinstall to work. It always puts folders where they dont go. I find them in my documents folder, in my C: folder, all over except in the flightsim folder.

I put my P3D main folder not in program Files x86 folder but on the desktop as I am running win 8.1. Maybe this has everything to do with it, but it is my guess that the WOAI installer just sucks. Of course it works fine for all of you, but for someone that has my bad luck, it surprises me not one bit.

I guess I'll get started on the manual install, one file at a time.Maybe I'll be done before retirement age.

<sigh>

The woai.cfg file ?  That wont help with AI traffic. If you cannot get the autoinstaller to work you will have to follow Joe's advice above, yes that means copy/paste the FLTSIM.X entries to each aircraft's aircraft.cfg file. The texture folders you should be able to merge as per the posts above.

I would spend some more time looking at getting the autoinstaller to work. When you run the installer there are options where you tell it where to install the files. As you are running P3D you may have more luck in the FSX forums.

Peter Schluter

Oh yes, just noticed this was from my OP when I had FS9. Apologies.

The auto installer allows me to select a package, but when I select the 2nd box below where to install it (it says FS2004 path) when the folder opens it then says "Select WOAI package" and it sees no packages in the P3D folder of course.

Shouldn't when I select "FS2004 Path" allow me to pick what folder I want it installed in? And I cannot even select the option that says "Target". It is blanked out.

Is there a seperate FSX installer I am not aware of? Am I using a FS9 installer when I should be using the FSX one? I thought there was only one.

I must have some kind of major registry problems going on. IDK. I am about through with this headache. It's been going on off and on for at least five years.

The installer will read the registry so you should get that sorted. Try the Flight1 registry repair tool from the Flight1 website.

Peter Schluter

I recently read that the P3D registry should not be messed with like was able in FSX/FS9. Kinda worried about messing things up even more.

I recently read that the P3D registry should not be messed with like was able in FSX/FS9. Kinda worried about messing things up even more.

We in the FS2004 forum (here) aren't too concerned about this particular "worry" .... if you know what I mean .....

Yes, that was meant as a closing statement. It's a long way, but I guess I could go over to the proper forum.

True