Sign in to follow this  
stickmanbrad

Bad Framerates on 3 Screen Setup, Please help.. AMD Please

Hello,

Hoping somebody can help before I lose the will to live. I have reciently got 3 Triple monitors for my flight sim experience. I am getting an Average of about 22fps. It gets high FPS everywhere else other than the VC. But none of it is constant. I have it set on Unlimited. I use Eyeinfinity of a Resolution of 5760x1200. My Specs will be below. I run orbx Global and Orbx England, and it looks terrible.. So does REX which is unlike before. I hope somebody can help as there is very little information about AMD around. Its what I have and what I was able to get hold off. The Specs are still pretty decent in my opinion. Just wish the game would react fps wise. Anyway thank you in advanced. Any more information needed don't hesitate to contact me.

Intel i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30Ghz Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, 3x Monitors Eyefinity at 5760x1200, Foxconn Rattler Motherboard and 8GB Ram/Memory.

FSX CFG File: http://pastebin.com/inuV5FRQ

Btw I have tried many tweaks now.

Intel i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30Ghz Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, 3x Monitors Eyefinity at 5760x1200, Foxconn Rattler Motherboard and 8GB Ram/Memory.

FSX CFG File: http://pastebin.com/inuV5FRQ

Btw I have tried many tweaks now.

Brad do you have hyperthreading on or off in your BIOS?

If it is on that AffinityMask=14 is wrong.

Edit:

On line 16 you have: HIGHMEMFIX=1S

Should be HIGHMEMFIX=1

Edit:

That 3.3Ghz pushing a lot of pixels.

I think you will do a lot better by not using texture values above 1024

for all clouds and ground scenery at least until you figure out what's going on.

So change TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096 to TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I believe hyperthreading is turned off. I have attempted to go into the bios but it's all very confusing. It Prob could be over clocked so I've been told if I new how to do it. Would you like my skype. You clearly know more than ME haha. Thank you. Anything you need just ask :)

I will also ask are my specs acceptable for this. Or am I expecting to much from this?

With those 2 things as instructed landing into Innsbruck on the NGX approach tutorial I'm getting this:

2014-12-30 13:19:18 - fsx
Frames: 2587 - Time: 117126ms - Avg: 22.087 - Min: 17 - Max: 45

It lacks Frames in the VC as I said.

In Gatwick taking off in 777 is about 21fps avg. And in sky at 9000ft about 23fps..

It's deffiently not right.. Using the uk2000 free EGKK scenery

I'm thinking of getting DX10 Fixer. Could this improve things? If you get to me today I will buy it today straight away. Also buying ASN today because I don't like free weather engines. Not that I run them.

Is it the default 777 or another one?  I fly PMDG 777 a lot, have 3 monitors, and a pretty good system (check my profile for specs).  I'f I get 25 fps I'm a happy camper.  I'm usually around 20 fps, fsdreamteam airport, and FTX global running.  My fps go up once I'm in the air.  Running 3 monitors is pretty tough on a system.  I knew that when I switched to 3 monitors I would expect a good size drop in fps.  IT really depends also on what aircraft I'm flying.  I've been flying A2A B17 a lot lately and I can easily get 30.

Chris B. Trane

See I struggle to get 30fps dude.. Only on wingviews and outside views. If that DX10 fixer would help I would buy it. Matt Davies seems to say it's good. So I'm interested. Plus it's Christmas so I can afford it.

I would advise you stop obsessing about fps... Who cares if it is 20 fps or 30 fps. Is it smooth? That's all that matters. Turn off the fps counter and just enjoy the flight for a while.

Brad do you have hyperthreading on or off in your BIOS?

If it is on that AffinityMask=14 is wrong.

Oops.. sorry, forgot i5 does not have hyperthreading.

gb.

I'm thinking of getting DX10 Fixer. Could this improve things? If you get to me today I will buy it today straight away. Also buying ASN today because I don't like free weather engines. Not that I run them.

Two great programs.
DX10 may or may not help performance.
ASN will usually lower your frame rate a bit.

Looking at your fsx.cfg again I see you have Buffer Pools turned off.
[bUFFERPOOLS]
Usepools=0
With your lower end video card and triple screens that is probable not a good idea.
Try deleting these two lines and see how it goes.

Where did the fsx.cfg you posted come from?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Be sure your video card has more than 2gigs of VRAM too.  VRAM makes a huge difference if you are going to fly on multiple monitors and have the cockpit stretched out across all three.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Well im trying to OverClock the system. Its actually running at around 3700Mhz for some reason even though Multi is set to 33. If I attempt to move Multi anywhere over 33 it stays at 33. Weird I know.. Anyway Bufferpool now removed. Let me get back to you on how it runs.. Btw I bought ASN.

Well taken Bufferpools out and I'm getting silly FPS now at like 15 in Innsbruck test on 737 ngx.... Not great..

Might be time to just delete your fsx.cfg and let FSX rebuild it.

Make a backup before if you want.

Make sure you select your Eyefinity resolution in the FSX

display settings before you start your first flight.

After your first flight shut FSX down and just add these two entries

to the new fsx.cfg in their appropriate sections.

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

[Display]

WideViewAspect=True

I see you have Aerosoft's Aviation Flight Recorder listed in your cfg.

Don't suppose this is running in the background all the time?

gb.

Well im trying to OverClock the system. Its actually running at around 3700Mhz for some reason even though Multi is set to 33. If I attempt to move Multi anywhere over 33 it stays at 33.

Getting up to +4Ghz will certainly help.

Might be time to head on over to the AVSIM motherboard forum to get some advice.

gb.

The i5 is a great processor for overclocking, you should be able to get 1Ghz above stock on air without any troubles, that alone will make a big difference. Does your board have a UEFI interface or is it all done through BIOS?