Sign in to follow this  
SirStiggie

New to X-Plane and looking for advice

I finally pushed the button on X-Plane 10 during the recent half priced sale on Steam and must say I am intrigued with it. I now want to purchase a complex tubeliner. I am looking at the Fly Sim J 727 and the Flight Factor A350.

Are either of these of or close to PMDG quality and complexity?

In the case of the 737, will the new XpX guns gps work with it?

I would also like recommendations for an A330, 340, and 380 if any.

Thanks you.

I am looking at the Fly Sim J 727 and the Flight Factor A350.

The 737 is a 737-200 without an FMC, so it doesn't use a GPS either.

The A 350 has currently strict limitations in its FMC. It doesn't support SIDs and STARS yet. You have to wait for the Pro Version for that.

Sounds a bit crazy but it is quite common in the X-Plane world. The designers have only limited cash reserves and so they can earn money while the plane is still under development.

you 

I finally pushed the button on X-Plane 10 during the recent half priced sale on Steam and must say I am intrigued with it. I now want to purchase a complex tubeliner. I am looking at the Fly Sim J 727 and the Flight Factor A350.

I would also like recommendations for an A330, 340, and 380 if any.

Thanks you.

You can Keep an eye on IXEG 737 300 (PMDG complexity level for XPX) not yet released but will soon hopefully, the following link is their thread on AVSIM, and it has links to many you tube vids, i suggest you follow this http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436428-ixeg/page-14

I know you did not mention Airbus 320 but JAR Design's is a very good one, for the 380 i have Peter's aircraft very nice  VC but i dont like the exterior model.

For the FF 350 you can have a look at this you tube vid, it shows well the VC

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Most complex aircraft in XP if we're honest are either incomplete and/or buggy. So if we're focussing on airliners, I'd say FlightFactor 757 or 777 with caveats. The SSG 748i is also excellent but slightly less complex. Jardesign A320 good but needs 6 months of qualitative testing to be better. If you're looking for the quality of PMDG Boeings or Aerosoft Airbus, the saviour on the horizon looks promisingly like the IXEG 737-300, when it arrives.

Most complex aircraft in XP if we're honest are either incomplete and/or buggy. So if we're focussing on airliners, I'd say FlightFactor 757 or 777 with caveats. The SSG 748i is also excellent but slightly less complex. Jardesign A320 good but needs 6 months of qualitative testing to be better. If you're looking for the quality of PMDG Boeings or Aerosoft Airbus, the saviour on the horizon looks promisingly like the IXEG 737-300, when it arrives.

The FF 777 VC textures is being re worked by "Pumper" and we are expecting the release very shortly as a free upgrade and much better quality then default FF textures.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=69755&page=91#entry877904

X-Plane11

I know you did not mention Airbus 320 but JAR Design's is a very good one, for the 380 i have Peter's aircraft very nice  VC but i dont like the exterior model.

How would you compare the sounds (immersion) of these two A320's?

Thanks Bruce.

How would you compare the sounds (immersion) of these two A320's?

Thanks Bruce.

Hi Bruce i dont have the 320 from Peter's aircraft, so can't compare. In my post i was mentioning the 380 from Peter's aircaft and the 320 of JarDesign. I might pick the 320 sounds over the 380 though. Regards,

X-Plane11

Woops, sorry Toufic.... Thanks for the clarification :)

Woops, sorry Toufic.... Thanks for the clarification :)

No worries :)

X-Plane11