Sign in to follow this  
alhefner

I must be missing something concerning various views

Right now, I'm trying to get familiar with the operation of X-Plane using the demo until the full product arrives sometime this week.

I have been trying to use the settings to get a button on my flight yoke to sort of advance from one view to the next like I could do in P3D and FSX and also get the hat switch to pan smoothly.

For the life of me, my remaining brain cells can't seem to make the connections to figure it out.

Anyone out there have the "simpleton method" on this? I could sure use it.

You don't need to do that. You can actually set preset view by using the arrow keys to get the position, then pressing control and numpad number to set the view. Now whenever you press that numpad number it will move to that particular view

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

You don't need to do that. You can actually set preset view by using the arrow keys to get the position, then pressing control and numpad number to set the view. Now whenever you press that numpad number it will move to that particular view

Yes, I'm aware of that but, I would like to have the ability to cycle through the views with each press of a button then use the hat switch to pan the camera.

I'm away from my computer with X-Plane on it, and it's been awhile since I fired it up, but the settings to pan with the hat switch are, I believe, under General and are something like Rotate Left, Rotate Right, etc. There is a fast option as well. Sorry I can't be more specific at the moment, but hopefully that will get you in the right direction.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

What do the views default to with a Mac keyboard with no num keys, I wonder? I see that they are customizable.

Thanks, Bruce.