Sign in to follow this  
avgaskoolaid

Mega Airport Frankfurt- Frame rates?

I am hoping that someone who owns Aerosoft's Mega Airport Frankfurt can give me some input as to how hard it is on FPS. I know that it is a little bit older, so it is not optimized with the latest technology that allows highly detailed airports like Flightbeam's KIAD to run relatively well. I am also considering buying Mega Airport Amsterdam, so it would be great if someone could tell me how the two compare. I can run the default EDDF at around 15-20 FPS on my system, and at around 25-30 if I disable traffic. My specs are listed below. Thanks for any help!

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 2600K  @ 3.40GHz 99 °F
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB DDR3 @ 800MHz (9-9-9-28)
Motherboard
MSI P67A-G45 (MS-7673) (SOCKET 0) 83 °F
Graphics
E2350 (1920x1080@60Hz)
LogMeIn Mirror Driver
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti  
Hard Drives
488GB Western Digital WDC WD5002AALX-00J37A0 ATA Device (SATA) 79 °F
Optical Drives
ASUS DRW-24B1ST   a ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

I cannot give you what framerates you will get with that setup, but Frankfurt is a big airport with lots of buildings. It was done many years ago and wont be the best fps friendly. It is better than some other airports like LFPG and EHAM. I have heard in the Aerosoft forum they are planning a new version. If you can wait for that, get the freeware EDDF in the library here frankfurt_airport_v7_auto.zip