Sign in to follow this  
joejccva71

Buying the aircraft that's right for me

Hello guys,

I'm brand new here and I was looking for some advice.  I've been an off and on FSX simmer for a while now, but I haven't played the simulator in years.  I'm just getting back into it and looking to spend some money.

The only thing I've purchased so far was the PMDG 777-200 base plus 300ER expansion.  I also bought Ground Services X.  

After flying the aircraft I think I made the wrong purchase as I may be a bit different in terms of what I find fun.  I know most of you are saying "but the PMDG 777 is the greatest thing since sliced bread!  How could you not like it ?!"

The fact is that the things I look for in an aircraft are this:

1. Panels, buttons, switches, and more panels, buttons, and switches.  I want a ton of things to press.

2. I want to be able to talk to the flight attendants, ask them for food, or even tell them to start an in-flight movie for the passengers.

3. I want a good autopilot and autoland system.  Sometimes I like to just let the plane fly itself once I input everything.   I also like watching the plane land by itself, etc. :)

4. I want a GOOD electronic checklist where my FO is reading things off to me and I click or push the appropriate button.

5. I want to be able to crank up the simulation speed to 16x on long flights but also not have to worry about things breaking when I have to make a turn, change altitudes or even having ATC go crazy cause I sped things up.

These 5 things are a must for me.  Do I live in a dream world?  Or is there an aircraft that has these 5 things?

I also apologize if I posted this in the wrong forum section.

Thanks!

Andrew Coste

You should be able to do that with the 777 but you'll need other addons too

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Got a funny feeling about this one :)

What does this mean?  Not trying to be rude or anything, but this kind of response doesn't help me. :(

You should be able to do that with the 777 but you'll need other addons too

Which addons would I need?

IMHO, what you are looking for is FS2Crew for the 777. Take a look at it; it could well be the answer to your wishes.

What do you want? A classic aircraft or a modern aircraft?

Just for modern aircraft, try the 737ngx.
I tried the 777 at my friend's house a couple of times but i disliked it and never bought it.

But I really like the 737.
Other addons you would need to fullfill your needs are FS2Crew and something like FspassengersX

What do you want? A classic aircraft or a modern aircraft?

Just for modern aircraft, try the 737ngx.

I tried the 777 at my friend's house a couple of times but i disliked it and never bought it.

But I really like the 737.

Other addons you would need to fullfill your needs are FS2Crew and something like FspassengersX

I want a modern aircraft.

I'm going to try the new Airbus a320/a321 and see how it goes.  I'm still debating on whether to get FS2Crew for it or get MCE.

Hmmm...choices.

-Andrew Coste

I want a modern aircraft.

I'm going to try the new Airbus a320/a321 and see how it goes.  I'm still debating on whether to get FS2Crew for it or get MCE.

Hmmm...choices.

-Andrew Coste

I'm not an airbus fan so i don't have any modern airbus addons.

The only airbus i have is the Simcheck Airbus a300.

The PMDG 737 or the Airbus X E with FSCrew should keep you busy.

Also FSDT airports, WOAI, and GSX will add to the Airliner sim experiemce.

Check out some youtube videos for validation. These are expensive addons.

JOSE

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

So I actually decided to go with the Aerosoft Airbus a320/a321 aircraft and see how it does.  I'm impressed with it's complexity and features so far.  The electronic checklist feature as well as the complexity of the MCDU's are amazing. There is one thing that I wish it had and that is autocruise.  I like doing long flights and love the autocruise on the PMDG 777.

Ugh. :)

-Andrew Coste