Sign in to follow this  
Fitz505

Flightsim Store Australian/US bank fees?

Decided to take the plunge on Orbx Global  and take advantage to the Holiday discount. The FlightSim Store had it listed for $54.79 US, but at checkout the price was $66.95 US.  I figured some sort of bank exchange fee, but $12 on a $55 purchase?  Why oh Why, didn't I become a banker.

You sure that the $54.79 was $US and not $Au.

The difference between the two sums is pretty much bang on the current Au / US exchange rate.

Chris

Christopher Bell.

When you check out at the Flight Sim Store, the figures change back to AUS for the final transaction, as the transaction IS actually done in $ AUS.  Check your bank/CC statement to see what exchange rate your bank actually gave you, but it should be close to what FSS quoted you in $US when you were shopping.

Scott

Thanks Scott. That was going to be my next post, wondering if it was converted back to the US rate somewhere along the line.

This is because Australia has become the worlds biggest and most exclusive country club.....The USA is far from being a country club so the exchange rate reflects that   :lol:

But the good news is you didn't have to pay any sales taxes so enjoy your new scenery. 

Matthew Kane

Thanks Scott. That was going to be my next post, wondering if it was converted back to the US rate somewhere along the line.

My purchase all converted back, after my initial heart attack...  :)

Same here. Even PayPal showed the Australian rate at first, before at the final screen, it showed the US exchange rate. All's well, that ends well, I guess. I'm happy.