Sign in to follow this  
l3ubba

Aircraft bouncing and changing speed

So I am getting this very annoying bug in my game where my speed will jump up and down and the nose of my aircraft will jerk up and down while flying. At first I thought it was the wind bug but I own a registered copy of FSUIPC and have the wind smoothing option ticked. Looking at my instruments it doesn't display the wind quickly changing speed or direction so it isn't the wind bug. I went into my FSX weather settings and the Disable turbulence and thermals near aircraft was unticked so I checked it to see if it would help but no luck there. The weather setting in free flight would default to fair but it didn't seem to affect ASN controlling the weather but on my next flight I changed it to User Defined just to see if that would fix it but not that either. It doesn't seem to effect one particular aircraft either; I have it happen when I am flying the PMDG NGX or MD11, it happens in my Aerosoft Airbus series, Milviz B350 King Air, A2A C172. So I am out of ideas and it is starting to irritate me having my aircraft bouncing around. In case it matters I am flying all these flights on VATSIM using vPilot and I checked the settings in vPilot for weather related settings but there are none.

Samuel Scully

it sounds like the turbulence settings you are using are too sensitive for the aircraft you are flying, try turning down that slider a bit in the ASN options..i find that in some planes i need to turn it down more than others, but also keep in mind if you are flying in bad weather or turbulence (check the map if you're not sure if you're in a bad area), then you do want to see it bumping around a bit..!

most of the options you mentioned, like in fsuipc, turning on or off in fsx menu, do not affect anything if ASN is running.... it will override or ignore them i think?

cheers

-andy crosby

So I am getting this very annoying bug in my game where my speed will jump up and down and the nose of my aircraft will jerk up and down while flying

Doesn't sound like a bug. Sounds like a reasonably realistic simulation of actual flying through turbulence!

I keep "enhance turbulence" ticked OFF in my ASN as it can overdo it on the odd occasion. Otherwise I find ASN the most realistic weather/turbulence engine available for P3D.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Doesn't sound like a bug. Sounds like a reasonably realistic simulation of actual flying through turbulence!

I keep "enhance turbulence" ticked OFF in my ASN as it can overdo it on the odd occasion. Otherwise I find ASN the most realistic weather/turbulence engine available for P3D.

I don't have the enhanced turbulence ticked either. I'll have to play with the settings a bit, but having my speed jump up and down 10 knots and my nose constantly bouncing around is not fun. It is nonstop and I have a hard time believing that I am encountering turbulence at every phase of flight. It has gotten so bad that I can't get my 737 to go below 150 knots on final approach which is a problem because my landing speed is usually around 130-140 knots. I will have landing gear down, flaps 30, and even have my speed brake deployed but it will not get below 150 knots. This is also not isolated to one area. I have it flying on the east coast, west coast, and Europe.

Samuel Scully

OK that does sound a bit extreme. How does it perform without ASN connected?

Haven't tried it without it connected.

Samuel Scully

same problem here but with the Aerosoft Bus it is really extreme! With the default settings it is more than a bumpy ride! Slow down the turbulence slider does nothing! What about up and downdrafts?

Thx

same problem here but with the Aerosoft Bus it is really extreme! With the default settings it is more than a bumpy ride! Slow down the turbulence slider does nothing! What about up and downdrafts?

Thx

What I did is went into my FSUIPC settings and turned off the wind smoothing settings and so far I haven't had any issues. My guess is that the two softwares were conflicting with each other or something like that. Haven't had any issues since then.

Samuel Scully

my fsuipc is set to off already. Weather to off and i leaved all windoption unchecked since i have ASN. But with the Airbus the wild fluctations in speed and altitute is more strong than in any other plane i have. The smoothest ride gives me the PMDG 777 so far! So it it not a real problem because it looks wild but as you can see the change in altitute and speed is only some feets/ktns! the bigger problem with the airbus are the wind shifts in some situations (clear air...) which push my plane down from one second to the other! And i HATE this!

As recommend by Tabs i have set my turbulence level back from default 70 to 50! I have tryed it also with 30 and 40 which gives me good results with the Airbus! It is all about the sliders and what you want! But yeah the Airbus is a bit strange all the way haha

And please with the PMDG, Airbus, Mayestetic Dash and all this wonderful planes out there leave the enchanced turbulence option unchecked! In my opinion this is only for fun flying!

I have only had the same problem you describe when using the Aerosoft Airbus when there is a cloud layer underneath me. Very hard to fly, the autopilot will even disconnect. When I shut off ASN, the problem stops. Never did find a fix for it. I only use an unregistered copy of FSUIPC, so there's not much I can do with that, but I believe I read this problem is related to FSUIPC. But it doesn't do this with any other aircraft, just the 'bus.

Edited by astroavion