Sign in to follow this  
cobrakev1526

Any information on P3D v2.5 as to what's comming?

I'm just wondering if anybody knows what issues are going to be addressed. I'm quite content with 2.4 with the cloud fix. But I'm always looking forward to a newer version to see what more has been fixed. Maybe if Pete Dowson has announced when his next vacation/holiday is then we would know the exact week 2.5 would land on our hard drives. They have always seemed to launch a new version when is gone for that week lol!

We are NEVER satisfied with what we have.. I want... I want...NOW!!!

If we spent more time flying & learning instead of wanting...

Anyhow, just a thanks to all those developers, both freeware & payware, that have made our hobby so interesting!.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

More from cpu to gpu. Please!!!!!!

I recently replaced my GTX 550ti by a GTX 780ti. Performances in P3D 2.4 are just more than twice without doing anything else.

In FSX, no gain, the frame rate is exactly the same :mad:

More from cpu to gpu. Please!!!!!!

Yeah, I hope that too.

Btw. Prepar3d 2.4 is using 1 core for 100% and the other are sleeping.

So please make Prepar3d multicore compatible.

Yeah, I hope that too.

Btw. Prepar3d 2.4 is using 1 core for 100% and the other are sleeping.

So please make Prepar3d multicore compatible.

It uses all CPU-cores on my computer. Try adding an affinitymask to your prepar3d.cfg.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I run with HT on and all eight threads are being utilized without any .cfg entry on my part.  Default from LM.

Lyn

I use Prepar3D 2.4 and I confirm that AffinityMask is still working.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/topic/performance-investigation-does-affinity-mask-matter/

14 is the best value for quad core CPU and helps a lot those who have slutters.

By default Prepar3D.exe uses all cores.

+1 on this. Using AM 14 I have CPU 1 pegged, and CPUs 2 and 3 about 60-70-percent busy, depending upon aircraft/weather/etc.

To no surprise, CPU 0 is doing "other" stuff, and sometimes quite a bit of it (20-25-percent), which would ordinarily conflict with P3D because this other stuff is unlikely to have *any* clue to what multiprocessing is about.

Without AM, I get stutters. With AM, smooth flying, even into the low 20 fps.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick