Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

FYI Turbine Duke V2 release

Just plain "wow" - as a V1 owner I was already smitten with this aircraft and wasn't sure how much more there would be to V2 - well, to say the least, Rob and Sean are among the very best at this game, and they brought it big time with this update - very pleased indeed - well done guys!

The guy with freeze - try Config panel to normal landing lights

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Jim,

it installs separately and does not disturb the old version. I just finished my first flight (EDDL to EDDH). This bird is so fast. I was sweating to keep ahead of her.

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Got about 100 megs to go :smile: Ethan, does it install separately as T. Duke v2 or does it merge itself with the T. Duke v1? Can you still load v1 and fly it after the install?

It installs separately, so you can still use the v1. Not only that, but if you have the cockpit sounds from bliksimpie for v1, they still work. Pretty sure you won't be going back to v1 though. :smile:

I also noticed reading the Real Air site that you can now exceed Vne in straight and level flight. Woohoo! I'm throwing together a longer flight plan right now to try it out. 

I got this one today and it is beautiful.  Downside is that if I install a GTN 750 in the cockpit, as soon as I turn on the master avionics switch, the screen minimizes, the sim pauses and I get..."Flight1 GTN error code: 10  Please contact support".  Anybody have any clues or is it off to the Flight 1 support forums for me?  Did I miss something on the install?  Everything else seems to work fine, just can't load the GTN.

Randy

Meaning that you need to pull power because it will redline... If you're simulating realistic flight you never go above redline (vmo/vne etc)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The guy with freeze - try Config panel to normal landing lights

Thanks. I should have read the manual.....

Real Deraps

28 megs to go, now slowed down to around 40 Kb/sec but I'll get there eventually. Heading for town for some "New Years Eve cheer", then I fully intend to hit Vne in level flight :smile:

(but v1 would do that no problem, wouldn't it?)

I got this one today and it is beautiful. Downside is that if I install a GTN 750 in the cockpit, as soon as I turn on the master avionics switch, the screen minimizes, the sim pauses and I get..."Flight1 GTN error code: 10 Please contact support". Anybody have any clues or is it off to the Flight 1 support forums for me? Did I miss something on the install? Everything else seems to work fine, just can't load the GTN.

Randy

Suggest F1 forum

ive seen that error with A2A as well... Not sure what they did to fix it

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Do the engines behave pretty much the same as in V1, or is it better?

I'd say much better. Taxing is very easy now.

Real Deraps

Unfortunately, i have a cockpit "freeze". Can't do anything with the mouse. I was at flight level and when wanted to start descent, couldn't change the altitude or anything else in the cockpit. Something to do to fix that?.

It really pays to read the manual and look at the many options in the config app. You can disable 3d landing lights and opt for standard FSX ones and anyone having intermittent clickspot issues will instantly get a fix for it by doing so.

Regards,

Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Do the engines behave pretty much the same as in V1, or is it better?

Yes, more linear power delivery, feels like a better prop model, with less rubber banding on take off. Just a smooth kick of turbine power to the gut. And still the same failure options.

28 megs to go, now slowed down to around 40 Kb/sec but I'll get there eventually. Heading for town for some "New Years Eve cheer", then I fully intend to hit Vne in level flight :smile:

(but v1 would do that no problem, wouldn't it?)

Happy New Year! I tried it and have to admit that V1/Vr in this plane is even more exciting than Vne. The takeoff and climb are even more breathtaking than before with the new dynamics. It's pretty demanding to fly actually, I was a little intimidated. You can gently exceed Vne in cruise but the engines need to be put beyond their limits for an extended time, which will quickly lead to a failure even with oil doors full open. It's harder to get to the buffet point now though. The engines are far better balanced to the fuselage. 

I got this one today and it is beautiful.  Downside is that if I install a GTN 750 in the cockpit, as soon as I turn on the master avionics switch, the screen minimizes, the sim pauses and I get..."Flight1 GTN error code: 10  Please contact support".  Anybody have any clues or is it off to the Flight 1 support forums for me?  Did I miss something on the install?  Everything else seems to work fine, just can't load the GTN.

Randy

Hi Randy,

We did thoroughly test the GTN integration and we are confident that it should work fine. Ryan is the expert on third party gauge installation and functions and maybe he can help on this.

Best Regards,

Rob - Realair

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Do you have RXP Iinstalled as well?

Also sometimes your anti virus will kill an important file needed for installation with the GTN.

Try disabling AV software while you install the GTN

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |