Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

FYI Turbine Duke V2 release

Just a little clarification to my question regarding avionics options for the older models. In the news 'release' about GTN support back in Aug/Sep, you mentioned that it would also be made available in the Legacy and B60, including FSX models. So is it safe to assume that the configuration options will be similar to those in the Turbine Duke V2?

Tym

I think we will get around to this, although I don't think we guaranteed it. But our priorities at the moment are the P3d installers and perhaps a fix or two for the B60 V2. We are a small team and we can only work at a given pace. The GTN gauges were not available when we released previous products and as I explained previously, no-one expects car manufacturers to recall old models and install features from new models, so it will be at our discretion and to some extent reliant on popular support for retrofits. We will work according to priorities then address other less urgent tasks when time allows. 

Best Regards,

Rob

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

This will be an immediate purchase once the P3D version is released! You guys are killing me!

Todd

We haven't worked out the details yet. We will try to accommodate all possible combinations of previous ownership and upgrades in a fair way

Thx Rob - I'll be on the look out for any news on this..

I would purchase the Flight1 GTN750 just for this aircraft alone... you are not going to regret it!

Resistance is becoming more and more futile.. Just ordered a pair of rudder pedals... They would go well with a gtn, let alone a turbine Duke, eh?

Resistance is becoming more and more futile.. Just ordered a pair of rudder pedals... They would go well with a gtn, let alone a turbine Duke, eh?

For sure!!

:rolleyes:

Bert

I think we will get around to this, although I don't think we guaranteed it. But our priorities at the moment are the P3d installers and perhaps a fix or two for the B60 V2. We are a small team and we can only work at a given pace. The GTN gauges were not available when we released previous products and as I explained previously, no-one expects car manufacturers to recall old models and install features from new models, so it will be at our discretion and to some extent reliant on popular support for retrofits. We will work according to priorities then address other less urgent tasks when time allows. 

Best Regards,

Rob

This is perfectly reasonable.

What I would be pretty sure of though, is that most RealAir simmers would be happy to pay a fair cost for a GTN-equipped 'optional model'.   Milviz do this;  like yourselves they are reasonably small and means that their development costs for things like retro-integration of GTN gauges is covered by those who really want the integration.

So perhaps £5 or so for an optional B60 or Legacy model that has F1 GTN integration.   I may be shot down by those whose who want something for nothing, but to me, this would seem a fair way of getting what we want.

Guest tymk

That's absolutely fine, I certainly don't expect the retrofits to be made available for free. I'll be happy to pay an upgrade fee to have the GTN (and possibly more flexible GNS layout options) in the FSX version of the Legacy. For me, it's more a question of planning the purchases, so I'd just like to know if there's a GTN-capable version for FSX coming down the line, or perhaps going with the P3D version and getting the P3D version of the GTN is a better option.

I realize all the requests that come up in these discussions can be a bit overwhelming, but then you've created a certain level of expectation (who am I kidding, you've got us all acting like kids in a candy store :lol:), so we're simply eager for more of the good stuff...

Tym

How would I get the nice wood panel in the cockpit of N710DS to show in N15JT?

I tried the texture.cfg but it replaces the exterior paint???

Rob,

I agree with Craig and Tym. It is certainly very reasonable to expect a charge for GTN intergration into the Duke V2 and the Legacy. I would certainly be willing to prepay a modest charge for the modifications if that would help you determine the cost effectiveness of proceeding.

Greg 

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

We haven't worked out the details yet. We will try to accommodate all possible combinations of previous ownership and upgrades in a fair way, but I cannot guarantee yet that cross platform installers will all qualify for discount.

No problem, Robert. I just assumed that owners of the FSX version would get some kind of discount if they had moved across exclusively to P3D, but I understand if that is not possible.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Bought it first day cause I already have the first version and it's really good.  There are only 2 or 3 companies that have earned first day purchases IMO and RealAir is one of them.  I've got about 6hrs on her so far and the first day purchase of RealAir products has definitely been reconfirmed.  I won't repeat what others have already commented on other than to confirm their feelings and excitement. The cherry on the cake is the integration of the GTN750.  Stick one of these babies in this aircraft and it's "flightsim nirvana".  I love the way this plane acts on approach and landing, very solid and the final flare is completely controllable and believable. Congratulations Rob Young and all the folks at RealAir, you have once again outdone yourselves.

Steve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I literally said to myself, "it's the Carenado guy" lol

LOL, Oh God no!   it's easy to become a "fan" of a particular brand, and I certainly do not want that reputation for myself for any dev. But, if your a GA single pilot certified aircraft guy, the choices are but a hand full of devs.. I used "Mega Fan" because the Robo editor didn't like the word "Fan" to close to the word "boy" and hash tagged it.

Sound:  Well it's amazing.  I too thought the V2 piston was a little.. strong?  It's a loud and brash set.. but very good (V2 Piston).

But this V2 Turbine is really something. It may not be "real" turbine sounds, but that's not important.. The way if functions as a part of the plane is just amazing. You do something to the engines, you hear a change, no matter how small. Believe me... that is hard to do.

We need a "where is your Turbine Duke now?" thread. Mine's in Atlantic City just about to bail off for KMBS Saginaw, MI. Gotta mix up a toddy for the road first :smile:

2.8 TTAF so far in various short flights, still haven't bothered to switch the autopilot on, lol.

I absolutely love it!! With the amazing reception it has deservedly received I hope there are some great repaints once the paintkit is released!!