Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

FYI Turbine Duke V2 release

The only issue iam having is the taxi speed, it taxi like a f1 car speed keeps on increasing till keep applying brakes but  I keep getting calls from atc  saying you got smoke coming from your brakes :P  And yes I got the condition levers as close to being  to off

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi All

I have purchased both the V2 Dukes and I'm getting sound file issue's giving me blacked out screen with the turbine version. There seems to be an error, (for me anyway), with the short woosh wav file and the AOA loop file according to FSX report. Anyone else had this and can anyone help me please. especially the chaps from Realair of coarse.

Many thanks

Malcolm

Malcolm Hancock

The only issue iam having is the taxi speed, it taxi like a f1 car speed keeps on increasing till keep applying brakes but  I keep getting calls from atc  saying you got smoke coming from your brakes :P  And yes I got the condition levers as close to being  to off

Taxi speed sensitivity is very much connected with payload. Also please check your power levers are truly at zero (press F1). With a full load the Duke will not move on idle power and low idle condition levers. You only need a brief forward condition lever movement to get moving, then pull them back. You can then control the speed with slight beta (reverse) movements of the power levers. There is a detailed section on this in the flying guide.

Hi All

I have purchased both the V2 Dukes and I'm getting sound file issue's giving me blacked out screen with the turbine version. There seems to be an error, (for me anyway), with the short woosh wav file and the AOA loop file according to FSX report. Anyone else had this and can anyone help me please. especially the chaps from Realair of coarse.

Many thanks

Malcolm

Hi Malcom,

We've had no reports from anyone else about any sound error, but it might be possible. Can you please check your sound driver/setup. In hundreds of hours testing we got no errors. Please email me at RealAir for further support.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Thank you for your quick reply Robert. I have had a successful flight with no issue's so will keep an eye on it and get back to you. Very fine aircraft by the way.

Thanks again

Malcolm

Malcolm Hancock

Rob, about those GTN integration options in the Legacy and the V2 piston Duke, you name the price, I'll pay it  :BigGrin:

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

P3d Installers. We are waiting to ensure everything with the FSX version is trouble free and then we'll work to get the P3d installer, first for the T Duke, then for other products

Thanks Rob.  One other question if you don't mind.  You used the term "installer" does this mean just to install the FSX model into P3Dv2 or the P3Dv2 version will be P3Dv2 specific using the P3Dv2 features etc. ?  Thank you very much for supporting P3Dv2 and of course thanks in advance.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Thanks Rob.  One other question if you don't mind.  You used the term "installer" does this mean just to install the FSX model into P3Dv2 or the P3Dv2 version will be P3Dv2 specific using the P3Dv2 features etc. ?  Thank you very much for supporting P3Dv2 and of course thanks in advance.

It means an installer that installs the same aircraft with exactly the same attributes, into P3d 2, unless there are some aspects of P3d which will not run said attributes.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I got it installed this morning and took it up for a few flights.  The new sounds are nice (though I liked the old ones as well)...a little less "growly" and you here the props better.  The instrument needles shaking feels real.  The shiny paint jobs are wonderful.  The interior textures so well done.  Been waiting a long time for this airplane and I'm enjoying it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Finally had a chance to take mine up last night for the first time - a quick flight from PAJN to PAYA.  I haven't flown the V1 Turbine Duke for a few months, as the V2 piston upgrade had completely spoiled me, so maybe I'm not remembering the old flight model accurately, but...  The new plane certainly seems to have a very different feel to it.  Don't know quite how to describe it, but more refined comes to mind.

To say that I like it would be an understatement.  The sounds are a complete joy to listen to, particularly the new prop sounds.  The ability to easily do your own custom avionics layout is a treat (mine features two side-by-side RXP 530's).  The startup sequence seems far more realistic without the huge over-speed of most FSX turbines and... I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that this plane simply rocks.  From the little stuff to the big stuff, all impeccably done.

Thanks guys - this one was worth the wait.

Scott

I note that the P3D version of the GTN 750 costs $64.95, and the FSX version costs $49.95.

LOL! and it is worth every last penny of it to.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

2x 530's - I didn't even know that lol!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Sam,

It was the $15 difference that I noticed.....

Which makes a ton of sense, given that P3D is a moving target and FSX is stable..

Bert

http://royalturbine.com/image-gallery

Fantasy collides with reality... who's the guy standing in front of my airplane?  :lol: I'm kind of stalking my favorite livery, N710DS. Apparently it's registered to Claire Aviation. It's a certifiable turbine based on the owner gallery, but the reg still lists Lycomings for the engines. Anyway....... it's mine now (sim version atleast).