Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

FYI Turbine Duke V2 release

With the T Duke, we offer an option which effectively installs mdl files which have embedded within them the standard FSX landing lights. In time we will also offer this option, as a patch, for the piston Duke, but for now people are demanding P3d installers so our priorities are: 1) P3d installers 2) A fix to enable alternative lights for the piston Duke.

Sorry Robert, I planned to buy the Turbine, but since you obviously care more about potential customers than existing customers who are already facing a lack of landing lights of almost 1 1/2 year, I don't see why I should buy the Turbine with such a lack of customer service. I pass.

Sorry Robert, I planned to buy the Turbine, but since you obviously care more about potential customers than existing customers who are already facing a lack of landing lights of almost 1 1/2 year, I don't see why I should buy the Turbine with such a lack of customer service. I pass.

That's rather unfair. The option to swap mdls "on the fly" is something we thought of quite late in T Duke V2 development. We had to wait to see in testing that it worked. It does work now which is why we will issue a patch for the piston Duke, but that will need testing too. It might be useful to remember that clickspot losses are not anything related to a mistake we made, but affect actually a very small number of customers, although the impression here is the number is higher because naturally users tend to post more about problems than their lack. Around half the clickspot issue customers were linked to a download which fixed the problem at the expense of some lights, but in fact at least another half of them solved the problem through our suggestions which avoided an alternative mdl file. We didn't come up with the config app swap prior to around one month ago, so it is not as though we deliberately delayed it as implied by your post.

The vast majority of T Duke V2 customers are already V2 piston and T Duke V1 customers so we do in fact care equally about them. I think you'll find that our customer service is of a very high standard, as confirmed by large numbers of posts here over the years.

Overwhelmingly, our email tells us that our EXISTING customers, including Duke piston users, want the P3d installers as a priority. It is very little to do with potential customers. And the majority of our customers wanting P3d versions already have our FSX installers.

Best regards,

Rob

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Rob has always provided me with exceptional support. Their GAs are the best in the business and their Turbine Duke V2 is just amazing!

Thx Rob and Sean.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Rob has always provided me with exceptional support. Their GAs are the best in the business and their Turbine Duke V2 is just amazing!

Thx Rob and Sean.

+1

710DS -  Looks like they cleaned it up. The G600 is new, so looks like she got some TLC for the sale.

How I do:

Take off: I leave the inertia sep's ON. She is low to the ground, so no need to vacuum the airport. Free for them, 120,000 per side for you.

Flaps 1/approch

Oil doors OPEN, and forget it until shutdown.

Trim wheel DOWN halfway past 0 (trim indicator will move UP towards the roof/panel)

Brakes HOLD

Advance power to 900 trq. Release brakes.

Rotate 90 knts.

Gear up. 120 kts flaps up.

trim for 1000 fpm climb

Reduce RPM to 2100

Int Seps OFF, trq will increase to about 1150-1200 range. Maintain 1150 trq for climb, ITT permitting.

trim for 2000 fpm climb.

(The above happens in like 20 seconds. With practice, it'll become second nature)

Cruse

Reduce trq to 900, THEN reduce RPM to 2000. Trq will then increase to about 950-1000... @ FL250 that will maintain 190-200 IAS, depending conditions. Even though the conversion red lines @ 200 ias, it's still a Duke. VNE in reality is 235. You can bet your bottom dollar that in RW pilots will.. well you know.

Weights I use;

225 pilot, -  210 friend

110 Son #1 - 180 Son#2

145 Wife #1 - 120 Trophy Wife #2

20lbsX6 for baggage, plus 15lbs for charts, books, snakes (on a plane), beer... I mean soda.

75%/650lbs per side on fuel.

That's 35 over, but you will burn that in taxi.

Is iceing prop/wing simulated (surface/prop HT switches) ?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Rob & Sean = the best customer service you will ever receive from a FS developer.

Will most definitely be your loss, not their's!

"You know what, I'm just going to order it. I just came to the conclusion this week that the whole lighting system in FSX is completely messed up"

Landing lights - are doing good here.

RADv2-LNDlts_zps55fad107.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

V1 was great......V2 is an awesome upgrade. Now I want a real one again

Now the latter, IS a serious upgrade!  :lol:

From pixels, to Pratts!  B)

Wow. Yeah, that's definitely Rob's attitude here...

*sigh* (sarcasm alert)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

As far as I'm concerned, Realair customer service is top notch.  I've emailed Rob a couple of times with questions, and he has always responded in a timely and friendly fashion.

Having flightsimmed for almost 20 years, and having purchased hundreds of addons (planes, scenery, utilities, etc) from scores of publishers, I must say that Realair provides the absolute best fsx addon experience:  excellent products plus outstanding support.

--Randall Griffin

I don't see why I should buy the Turbine with such a lack of customer service. I pass.

This Sir, is just a blatantly uninformed statement. The customer service from RealAir has been second to none in my experience.

I am one of those "existing customers" who purchased the V2 Turbine as an upgrade when it came out on December 31st, and when I happened to discover a minor opacity issue on the livery I chose to initially fly, I contacted Rob via email support late that evening - obviously New Year's Eve, when I would not have expected a response for days frankly given the holiday -  but I got both a response and a fix within hours, plus an expression of appreciation for bringing the item to their attention.

I would humbly suggest, that if you truly enjoy the flight simulation hobby, you are doing yourself a great disservice by not picking up this aircraft.

IMPO, RealAir are among the very few that truly bring a "magic touch" to the aircraft they produce, and that, combined with their first class approach to customer service make them more than worthy of our continued financial support.

Regards,

Chris B. - aka "flapsdown"

RealAir's planes are fantastic, and their customer service is also top-notch.  I'm glad that RealAir tests things thoroughly, instead of doing a poor rush job.