Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

FYI Turbine Duke V2 release

When the P3Dv2 installer is ready this is an instant buy. You guys really make it hard to wait! 

ok just purchased  it  and must agree its what everyone is  said about it on this post

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Are you considering Mindstar integration in the VC?

Thx

We think the choice of RXP and/or GTN gauges is a good one, and the GTNs have proved popular. At the moment there are no plans for integrating Mindstar. Sorry.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

We think the choice of RXP and/or GTN gauges is a good one, and the GTNs have proved popular. At the moment there are no plans for integrating Mindstar. Sorry.

No doubt an excellent choice;-) Its just... Sigh... Irritating to discover that you might have been betting on the wrong horse... And the other horse is not really up to date... Sigh, again. Thx for the reply...

Guest tymk

Just a little clarification to my question regarding avionics options for the older models. In the news 'release' about GTN support back in Aug/Sep, you mentioned that it would also be made available in the Legacy and B60, including FSX models. So is it safe to assume that the configuration options will be similar to those in the Turbine Duke V2?

Tym

Duke Turbine V2 is a masterpiece! Well worth the wait in every aspect.

Fantastic work done by Rob and Sean. Second to none.

Richard.

Windshield-rain still present I hope? Waiting for the P3D version myself:-) Hopefully with ws-rain in that sim as well:-)

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Windshield-rain still present I hope?

Yep, still there.

Scott

I'll be Frank (I'm Craig, really), and say that I was not a fan of the RealAir Duke B60 2.0's sound; especially the idling sounds, and I ended up replacing them.

But the sounds in this T-Duke V2.0 are quite simply the most amazing engine sounds I've ever heard in the sim.  The combination (and integration) of engine and prop sounds is staggeringly good.  It sounds great on the ground, great in the air, and is a dream to land.

Regarding upgrade prices; I own the Piston v2 for fsx - can I buy the turbine v2 for p3d (when released) at the discounted price?

Thx

I certainly hope so, Martin! I am reasonably sure that is the case.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Fingers crossed! Thx

We haven't worked out the details yet. We will try to accommodate all possible combinations of previous ownership and upgrades in a fair way, but I cannot guarantee yet that cross platform installers will all qualify for discount. We already intend to keep P3d installers down to virtually covering our costs for extra bandwidth, support, conversion, testing and other factors. We have never knowingly exploited customers with upgrades and indeed we do not intend, as some developers do, to charge the full price all over again on another platform for a similar product. 

At the moment we intend to provide discounts for a qualifying product for the same platform, and make a reasonable charge for another platform whichever qualifying original discount a customer was entitled to. I don't think we could ever be accused of levying an unreasonable charge. Currently our products are all in real terms very much cheaper than they were several years ago, yet are several times more detailed and take on average two to three times the development time and costs. Bandwidth is a very significant factor too. Our installers are growing ever larger and many customers download these several times within a year. 

Regards,

Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

No doubt an excellent choice;-) Its just... Sigh... Irritating to discover that you might have been betting on the wrong horse... And the other horse is not really up to date... Sigh, again. Thx for the reply...

I would purchase the Flight1 GTN750 just for this aircraft alone... you are not going to regret it!

Bert