Sign in to follow this  
rrich

why "se"

Other than reported frame rate increases and multi-player option what are the distinct advantages of "se" over the box. Is it something new to tweek or actual flight handling/ scenery improvements?

Thanks

Rich

In addition to what you mentioned it works better under Windows 8.1, and hopefully will bring in many new simmers. Some people claim improved VAS with fewer OOM's. 

Other than that it is pretty much identical. 

- Bill Magann

what are the distinct advantages of "se" over the box.

It's available for less than an arm and a leg, for one.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Glad someone posted this, I was going to but just didnt want the drama.

The question I have is:    if you have the MS FSX working fine, with all the addons you could ever want or need, then why bother with SE? 

Jay

Jay, there are many topics and posts concerning the advantages and disadvantages of FSX:SE. You'll have more luck evading drama by reading whats already been "dramafied". It all comes down to personal preference. If you have FSX working fine, and you do not have issues with Windows 8, and you are not experiencing VAS issues, then you are correct, don't bother. 

I don't currently have it installed, but I did buy it. I think for some it might just be a backup in case they lose a disk or the disk becomes unreadable. My main purpose for buying was I have misplaced my disk and for $5 I couldn't resist. On the plus side as mentioned above it should bring more people into our hobby and most likely, more development.

I do have it installed as well as box, have flown briefly once as I was experiencing some control hardware issues. Need to go back and re-ck settings, plans are at this point is not to incorporate any add-ons for awhile.

My personal expectations is to attain as realistic a flight sim as my spending limits will allow. My focus has been mostly single engine small GA aircraft, practising crosscountry steamgauge navigation.

I don't currently have it installed, but I did buy it. I think for some it might just be a backup in case they lose a disk or the disk becomes unreadable. My main purpose for buying was I have misplaced my disk and for $5 I couldn't resist. On the plus side as mentioned above it should bring more people into our hobby and most likely, more development.

Same here...purchased as a backup; I will install if future updates bring more benefits.  But at $5, I could not resist.