Sign in to follow this  
greggerm

FSX:SE Discounted Again (Encore Sale)

Steam is holding their "encore sale" for selected holiday sale titles. FSX:SE is included in this sale at $4.99 once again.

The sale is good until January 2nd at 8 PM Pacific Standard Time.

Enjoy!

-Greg

Is there an obligation to install after purchase?

Until FSLabs' ConcordeX is compatible with FSX:SE I won't use it but for a few quid I'm happy to take advantage of the low price.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

No. Purchase it and then download/install it whenever you want.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Until FSLabs' ConcordeX is compatible with FSX:SE I won't use it but for a few quid I'm happy to take advantage of the low price.

You can install it anytime after you've purchased the game. It will stay in your Steam Game Library, at which point you can download/install when convenient for you. 

I gotta tell ya...buy it. I just got back from a Christmas Cruise and installed SE to a fresh Win 7 partition. FPS?....doubled...Smoothness?...no stutters...Try it, you'll like it...

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Jev / Caleb,

Thanks. I don't have a steam account so I imagine I will have to apply for one when I go through the purchase routine.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You will never look back. 

Elaine, I see Steam as a necessary evil. I don't play any games so have no need for it other than to get FSX:SE.

I see a future where all 3rd party addons will have to be steam compliant which may mean they become more expensive as Steam takes its cut on everything. Time will tell.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Elaine, I see Steam as a necessary evil. I don't play any games so have no need for it other than to get FSX:SE.

I see a future where all 3rd party addons will have to be steam compliant which may mean they become more expensive as Steam takes its cut on everything. Time will tell.

Quite the opposite, costs are usually cheaper due to the sheer amount of sales possible due to the exposure. The other day Steam hit a record breaking 8+Mill users logged in at the same time.

Quite the opposite, costs are usually cheaper due to the sheer amount of sales possible due to the exposure. The other day Steam hit a record breaking 8+Mill users logged in at the same time.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong. A lot of sales will be to people who fly a few times then never use it again. We'll see.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Jev / Caleb,

Thanks. I don't have a steam account so I imagine I will have to apply for one when I go through the purchase routine.

Ray,

I was like you...hesitant with steam and didn't think I'd try other games. Then my son wanted a game on steam...well, needless to say, I've tried many games I never thought I'd try. Bought them when they go on sale. There are a few that are interesting...the Kerbal Space program is fun....silly, but uses real physics. Train sim isn't too bad either. Euro truck sim is fun...a £30 product I got for £5!!

What nice is you never need to worry where your copy is...it's always on the steam cloud, never lost, never scratched, always updated.

I have over 30 titles now, bought for much cheaper on sale than what I'd pay on the vendors website.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Why do some people object to companies making money -  did they think Microsoft didn't make money from the flight simulator franchise?

Great!

Picked it up just now for $4.99.

The sale finishes in about 43 hrs before it returns to normal price of $24.99

Matthew S

I took this from a Quote from the "what is steam" thread,  a clever dude summed it up better then i ever could.

****Steam is first and foremost an anti-piracy tool that has probably saved PC gaming from complete collapse. Obviously, it is also a software store. 

Third it is an Internet community dedicated to gaming and lastly it is an app updater and launcher. 

It's the Swiss Army Knife of PC gaming***

Steam is My First My Last My Everything,   :lol:    Oops it time for a lie down  :rolleyes: