Sign in to follow this  
greggerm

FSX:SE Discounted Again (Encore Sale)

I'm with Ray on this one. I downloaded Steam and created an account. Very easy and simple to do. I don't really see the "need" in my life for FSX Steam at the moment, but thats just me. That doesn't mean I haven't been following along with what people are saying about it. Seems like it may be really good for the community in the future and developers are releasing installers already. So I figured for $4.99, why not? Might as well support it and have it in the queue for someday maybe I will want to use it.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Not that we as simmers are trying to compete with other good platforms, but in the few short weeks FSX has been on Steam, it has really eclipsed the competition (*which has been on Steam since late September....)

This rejuvenated sale - even only two days long - will likely push this gulf even further.

11hyly0.jpg

Source: Steamcharts.com

Not that we as simmers are trying to compete with other good platforms, but in the few short weeks FSX has been on Steam, it has really eclipsed the competition (*which has been on Steam since late September....)

This rejuvenated sale - even only two days long - will likely push this gulf even further.

11hyly0.jpg

Source: Steamcharts.com

I'm not even slightly surprised. I've mentioned it before and will probably say it again. FSX was specifically designed for.... everyone. Its a crowd pleaser. Other programs.... are more of an acquired taste.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just bought FSX-SE for £3.99, though I won't be installing it yet. It was the price that persuaded me, nothing else.

And if anyone who is unfamiliar with Steam has doubts about signing up, then lay those worries aside. I think Steam is excellent. I have plenty of Steam -linked games and I've never had a moment's bother with it.

I don't really see the "need" in my life for FSX Steam at the moment, but thats just me. That doesn't mean I haven't been following along with what people are saying about it. Seems like it may be really good for the community in the future and developers are releasing installers already. So I figured for $4.99, why not? Might as well support it and have it in the queue for someday maybe I will want to use it.

My thoughts exactly.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Do you think it's worth to buy FSX SE? I'm genuinely not sure, if this product will enhance my simulation. 

I am able to fly with my FSX smoothly, from time to time weird things happens and I get crashes. Those are obviously typical for FSX but they occurs. Otherwise, more frames would be appreciated moreover a more stable system.

What can I expect by buying the SE?

Elaine,

I saw the post about the benefits of Steam. I fully support its anti-piracy policy and in theory the update process sounds like a good idea providing the user has control over whether to implement them or not. Don't need the community option as AvSim provide that.

My main concern remains the VAS problem and whether it has been properly resolved. If PMDG users can fly between 2 heavy airports without running out of memory then I'd be happy to switch with the FSLabs' ConcordeX compatibility proviso.

Higher fps and better smoothness are not sufficient for the upheaval. I already have good enough performance.

But for a few quid it makes sense to buy now even if I hold back on the install.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

FSX was specifically designed for.... everyone. Its a crowd pleaser. Other programs.... are more of an acquired taste.

Speaking of that other Program "X-Plane" Would that acquired taste be maybe......for Pilots who enjoy more accurate flight dynamics :dance:

so annoyed!!!!!!!

Jumped on the Bandwagon yesterday and paid 9.99........ah well you win some you loose some!!!!!!

Jeepers - in this same sale Euro Truck Sim 2 is down to $3.74THAT is a steal for some fun sim-style entertainment right there. :)

-Greg

Purchased and will install once ASN and Concorde-X is compatible. Time to nudge FS Labs folk. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Purchased, but no intention of installing yet.

But for the price of 1 1/2 Costas here in the UK, it's a steal ^_^

Happy New Year !!!

Just picked up FSX:SE for $4.99. Not planning to install it until I need to reinstall FSX. I never got the Acceleration pack with my original FSX Deluxe so now will have it when needed (for a lot less than it cost originally). Plus now I don't have to worry about keeping my FSX disks safe and working.

For those worried about Steam, there is really no problem. I've used Steam for years with various games including most of the COD series. The client is well-behaved and unintrusive.

Ben

For those worried about Steam, there is really no problem. I've used Steam for years with various games including most of the COD series. The client is well-behaved and unintrusive.

Thanks Ben, appreciate the reassurance.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Speaking of that other Program "X-Plane" Would that acquired taste be maybe......for Pilots who enjoy more accurate flight dynamics :dance:

That's been a very debatable subject that's gone on for years. I should know, as I've been debating it for years.  Coming back to flight simulation, I should be getting my new copy of X-Plane 10 in the mail any day. I also have a new copy of FSX, which I bought on sale last year. As a pilot, I was into high performance experimentals. It's still very debatable, as certain programmers still go all out, to design the best flight dynamics possible. There are no clear winners here.  If there was, I'd be dumping one by now.

As a pilot

As a newbie,,,,,well that just stops me rite there  :lol:     I understand what you are saying