Sign in to follow this  
Blaze

F1 GTN 750 With EZdoc..pop up button assignment possible?

I bought the F1 GTN750 and am getting acquainted with it however one thing that I find a bit annoying, and it seems to be by design, is that each time I switch views in the VC using Ezdoc the GTN will disappear and I have to call it back up by either the alt-view menu path or pressing F10 then going back to the VC and pulling down the GTN stack.

Is there a way to assign the GTN view to a button or key sequence so that if I want to bring up the Garmin unit while in the VC I just press it?  Surely they made it like any other 2D pop up you can call up by pressing some sort of Shift+ command?

Thanks for any help, I did browse through the manual but didn't see anything related but could have missed it.

RE Thomason Jr.

I think if you right click on the pop up you can then select the undock and/or lock options.  It stays open for me when I switch EZdok views; however, I have applied the camera config tweak to eliminate the flashing when changing views.

Ryan

I think if you right click on the pop up you can then select the undock and/or lock options.  It stays open for me when I switch EZdok views; however, I have applied the camera config tweak to eliminate the flashing when changing views.

Ok Thanks that helped a lot and I almost marked this as solved but you have shown me is how to make it persist while changing views. A huge step in the right direction but, I'd still like to be able to pull it up and close it out through assigning it to a key press or button via FSUIPC.

RE Thomason Jr.

pull it up and close it out through the assigning it to a key press or button via FSUIPC

I'm not sure of the button assignment in FSUIPC...I'll check when I get home tonight and report back.

Ryan

See the Problem is F! didn't assign a default key command to trigger the pop up window of the GPS nor did they provide for any sort of install option similar to Hi-Fi's X-gauge wizard which allows you to amend the panel of the aircraft your installing the gauge to.  IMO this is a huge gaff on an otherwise excellent product.  At the present any aircraft that has more than your standard Shift+#1-9 2D pop ups in it's VC forces you to use the "alt" menu to bring up the GTN uless you go into the panel .cfg of the aircraft and re-number and re-configure them. I mean good gracious why couldn't they have given the pop up window a keyboard  command? :Black Eye:

RE Thomason Jr.

Ya I looked through and couldn't find a way to make it work.  Sorry dude.

Ryan

Flight one forums got me sorted.  In a nutshell using the Panel Id Toggle function of FSUIPC and the following Panel ID numbers you can assign any key press or hardware button/switch you want to open and close the 2D gauge window.

750U1:14401
750U2:14402
650U1:14403
650U2:14404

link to the thread below

http://www.simforums.com/forums/button-or-key-command-for-2d-pop-up_topic51143.html

RE Thomason Jr.

Great find, Blaze.  I was wondering the same thing myself. And, I'm loving the 750.  You?

Yes I really like it a lot much better than the older Garmin units in that I was able to pick it up and just "figure it out" without having to watch tutorial videos etc. The only setback is that the data set is dated and prohibitively expensive to update.  

RE Thomason Jr.