Sign in to follow this  
harun

FSX start´s strange .avi video recording ?

Hej folks,

my FSX is starting a strange vido recording in .avi format. This is done automatically in the background. The .avi is placed into a subfolder ("Flight Simulator X-Datein") in the "Video Library" Main- Folder.

The Video is recorded with about 1 FPS, the file is 189GB (!) large and about 2.5 hours long.

I have no recording programs/ or tools, such as FRAPS or FS Recorder, installed.

This is a very strange situation for me....

thx a lot, and happy new year i wish you from Germeny...

Sounds like either you downloaded some kind of hidden spamware or someone in your house with access to your computer did... aint no such folder that I know of, I would delete it and hope for the best.

Jay

. >Bill,>>So ... for the uninitiated ... how do we use the undocumented>.avi generator?>>And, is there any way that you know of to get it to use>Microsoft's own .wmv codec?From last to first... no, the .avi file and pathname are hard-coded in the sim and not subject to configuration... :(Advanced Search is such a wonderful convenience... ;)See my original reply (repasted below) in this thread:http://forums.avsim....ing_type=searchActually, there is a "built in" .avi recorder in FSX. It isn't documented anywhere, but you can assign a key-combo to it in the Options menu. (Note: "Video Recording (start/stop)") I used Ctrl-I since it isn't assigned to anything else.The .avi records only video though. No sound is recorded. Also, the .avi files are HUGE so recording more than 30 seconds clips at a time can rapidly fill one's hard drive. (Note: 30 seconds = ~1GB!!!)Files are saved in your ..My DocumentsMy VideosFlight Simulator X Files folder.NOTA BENE: sound is unfortunately not saved, only the video...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/67029-re-fsx-video-record-function/

Sounds interesting...

It works as advertised.  Huge avi files. Ran one that was 6 Gb for just a few secs through Handbrake for a little more efficient storage and it made a nice 18 Mb AVC video file out of it.

scott s.