Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

"The Force Awakens" Trailer.....

For those what hasn't seen it yet.  ^_^

Looks cool, eh?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Argh! A full year to wait have we? :lol:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I hate that its scheduled for december! The Star Wars movies have always been summer flicks, releasing you into warm, muggy night air when the film is over. Walking out into a brisk chill or even possibly a snowstorm seems like blasphemy.....  ^_^

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I hate that its scheduled for december! The Star Wars movies have always been summer flicks, releasing you into warm, muggy night air when the film is over. Walking out into a brisk chill or even possibly a snowstorm seems like blasphemy.....  ^_^

Then come to New Zealand and see the movie with us....December 1st is the first day of Summer in Australia/New Zealand so I am all set.

Also I had to rent the original Star Wars Blu-ray because my partner has never seen any of the Star Wars Movies....So I figured I would start her off with Episode 4  :lol:

Probably just show her 4, 5, and 6 over the next year to get her ready for 7, I didn't really like 1, 2 or 3 so I won't bother with them

Matthew Kane

I agree!  Perhaps the change to a winter release further reflects the departure of George Lucas from the Star Wars franchise?

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I agree!  Perhaps the change to a winter release further reflects the departure of George Lucas from the Star Wars franchise?

I would say it is just the way the scheduling worked out from the production timeline to the after effects and completion, After effects can take time especially if it will be in High Frame Rate (like the Hobbits)....more frames means more work for the aftereffects team.

Disney is the distributor so you bet they will want to maximize the Holiday Box Office intake, This may also be the first release that has a higher price structure at the box office as studios are proposing to charge more for blockbuster films. Disney probably already has all the launches planned out including the Blu-Ray and the Star Wars ride at the parks etc....Lots of money to be made

Matthew Kane

Also Disney is the distributor so you bet they will want to maximize the Holiday Box Office intake.

I have news for disney. Release it in the summer and I will probably watch it multiple times, unless it totally sucks. Release it in the cold cold winter, and I might watch it once or twice then stay home and toast my toes in front of the heater!  :ph34r:  :blush:

Devons rig

My dad is so excited for this, this past summer he and I watched Episodes 1-6

Well if the movie is crap the consolation will be hearing that old Star Wars music on the big sound system again....sends chills down my spine every time B)  

Matthew Kane

Well if the movie is crap the consolation will be hearing that old Star Wars music on the big sound system again....sends chills down my spine every time B)  

I doubt it will be crap. JJ has shown he knows how to make exciting sci-fi. Not always very logical or believable plots, but then he could hardly do worse than the plodding episodes 1-3..........

Devons rig

I doubt it will be crap. JJ has shown he knows how to make exciting sci-fi. Not always very logical or believable plots, but then he could hardly do worse than the plodding episodes 1-3..........

I've enjoyed his Star Trek stuff so I am sure it will be better then the new Star Trek. He wasn't really a Star Trek fan so this is more his thing. I am looking forward to it :D

Matthew Kane

No.

Lens.

Flares!

I don't mind shakey-Cam. :-)

Devons rig

2015 is the year of major movie releases. :P And the title should probably be updated to The Force Awakens instead of The Force Unleashed (cool video game series but not the same)

I'm mostly curious to see how the original returning actors will look and play in this release.

And the title should probably be updated to The Force Awakens instead of The Force Unleashed (cool video game series but not the same)

Freudian slip...... I was probably thinking about the game while I was writing.

Devons rig

Freudian slip...... I was probably thinking about the game while I was writing.

Fixed! Ah, the wonderful powers of of "The Force", er... I mean "Moderation" :ph34r:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator