Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[31DEC14] A little something for the New Year...

I've been loving the PMDG FSX products for a while now for their systems. With the NGX I wasn't really impressed with the exterior modeling (though it wasn't bad) and the quality of the exterior improved on the T7. But I got to hand it to you guys, you really hit nail on its head with the 747v2 and the quality of its exterior from what I'm seeing so far.

I might've phrased that wrong. What I mean is that with the NGX I AM satisfied with the modelling, but saw quite an improvement with the T7. It may have sounded more harsh then I intended it to be. Sorry, english is not my first language.

The drool barrel has been officially emptied seeing those screenshots :lol:

I'm hoping there will be two Christmases this year....one of course on December 25th and the other on 744v2 release day!!

Chris Sunseri

Fantastic news! Love the custom compression on the landing gear, really gives a good impression of weight. I wonder if v2 might also feature some heat blur from the engines (maybe in P3D?), that would be icing on the cake!

Matthew-

Does P3D do heat blur?

FSX won't- so it can't even be considered there...

.. but X-Plane does! B)  So we may expect it in the X-Plane version. Heat blur is even a default feature of X-Plane ... 

Good news for the New Year! Thank you Robert and team.

Ken Ehlers
F70

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Understandable. Just reminding everyone at the same time. Just a generic disclaimer I like to add back in from time to time until something releases. I didn't take your comment to be dramatic or anything. A little odd, given historical practice, but a question is a question.

Yes, I could and should figure that myself. Anyway, thanks for your answer and ofcourse 777 tutorial 1.5, cant wait do dig into that!

sig1.png
sig2.png

Anyway, thanks for your answer and ofcourse 777 tutorial 1.5, cant wait do dig into that!

Welcome. I actually enjoyed putting that together.

Kyle Rodgers

Happy New Year PMDG! and thanks for the good news.

All lefts reversed... now did I just see the left wing take lift first,

or am I still drunk?

Damn... good intention for 2015 'don't be nitty picky' down the drain.

Kranenbarg,

"All three engine types will be included in the initial release, along with the 400, 400M, 400ER, 400F, 400ERF and 400BCF airplanes."

Nice!!!

"All three engine types will be included in the initial release, along with the 400, 400M, 400ER, 400F, 400ERF and 400BCF airplanes."

Nice!!!

Of course, that is really nice, but what is with the domestic 747-400D?

Just logged in and seen this post and I must say I'm like a 5 year old kid and christmas. Happy New Year everyone!

Robert, I have a quick question/suggestion. My question is, will the passenger windows on the 747 V2.0 be transparent, as is the case in the 737NGX and 777? If the answer is yes, I'd like to make a suggestion. Is it possible for there to be an option for us to turn on/off transparent passenger windows, so that we can have non-transparent windows if we wish? I ask, because I wonder if not having transparent passenger windows will ease the load on our machines and improve frame rates?

What do you think?

Robert, or anyone in the PMDG development team - do you have any comments on this suggestion?

Why are so many people still interested in the 747 series as a simulation product despite the fact that the 747 is starting to disappear from airline service?   Because people like/love them!   I can assure you even if the -ER was sold as a standalone PMDG would sell a heck of a lot more than six of them.   Even when the 747 disappear for good from airline services worldwide, I will still be trotting the globe in mine.   I have been yearning for an -ER version since I have been flying the old Queen, opens up a few more destinations.   

I don't copy the real world operators very often, since I am part of a VA and will do a repaint for our VA first opportunity I get, so I will be doing my own flights and routes with it, but the -ER gives me quite a few options more than I have with the original -400 series.   For instance, to give you some idea, when I load the -400 down with 1/3 of the load and full tanks, I can comfortably do KJFK-FAOR, so a little more payload and the extra distance and I would be able to link KORD (my VA home base) with our other hub (FAOR) easily.   If I want to do it now, I have to use the B77L, which is awesome, but I would love to fly the 744 on this route. The -ER allows me to do this.   And this is but one example!

So I wouldn't look at this from your perspective - look at it from the simming perspective!   As for the B777-200ER, as far as I know, PMDG did not cancel this, but honestly, with the amazing -200LR/-300ER we have now, don't really care that much for the -200ER at this stage.   I know, just my perspective, but I mean we have an excellent variety already, the 747 we have is long overdue for a replacement, and this has been the release that I have been anticipating most since the announcement!

Kind regards

The problem i have with it. That it takes a lot of dev time to make all these versions of the 747. With the 777-200er pmdg used as excuse. That the 777lr is already better then the 200er. Why would you like to fly a lesser plane? But now they make all these varients. It seems more like a prersonel thing from pmdg to make these and not reason. Just like at wiki deliveries http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_747-400. a lot of people bought the 777-300er to fly realistic routes. This is not the case with the 777-200lr wich is way more powerfull then the 200er. 

jordi van der meer