Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[31DEC14] A little something for the New Year...

Karl-

I think you are confusing, perhaps, the flag of the Russian Federation?

Nobody from Bulgaria on the team- but if that were to change we would certainly add the flag!

Yikes! Upon zooming in, yes it's the Russian flag. Maybe some colour calibration is needed on my part - from a glance, it looked like the white, green and red horizontal stripes of Bulgaria (after the Euro flag). Apologies :)

Thank you Kyle, just got around to reading the 1.5 tutorial this evening, hopefully will give the flight a try in the next few days :)

Hope it was a good flight.

Yes many thanks Kyle... I've gone a step further and tried it out. Thanks for reinvigorating my T7 flying with some new challenges and taking things to deeper levels of understanding.

Your tutorial pictures indicated that it was to be carried out in daylight.. but 1945Z on 7/10/2014 loads in darkness.. that gives a little extra buzz to the airport movements that are necessary.

Also loved the little tip for showing when you are abeam of your target airport.

Ensure you're loading it at 1945Z and not 1945 local. 1945 local would surely be dark here in October. The zulu time should work out to be 1545 local that time of year (DST ends in November here). Make sure to set the airport first, and then adjust the time (can't remember which order I set it in the tutorial - I'm out of the country at the moment).

Glad you enjoyed it!

Kyle Rodgers