Sign in to follow this  
twincessna340a

747 V2 Engines

Firstly, thank you RSR for giving us another taste of the upcoming 747 v2. Having recently gotten the opportunity to sit in a real world 747-400 cockpit I am really looking forward (patiently) for its release!

When I was looking at the newest previews I noticed that the 744 has the RR engines. 

Obviously so far with the 737 and current 777 models are limited to one engine choice by nature, while the 747 has three choices my question is if the 747-400 v2 will have GE and PW engines along with the shown RR ones?

The reason I ask is because IMHO PMDG would by nature would not want to just offer a cosmetic change but model the sound and performance differences properly, which may or may not (depending on the coding) be an easy task.

While I'm posting this question I might as well ask about the -F, -LCF, -D, -M, -ER, and -BCF, I'm not holding my breath on the last 4 but what the heck. 

Thanks!

- Ike Callaway

I would be very, very surprised if they did not. The old 747 offered a choice of engine types, so why wouldn't the new one? Also, very few airlines operate the RR variant (BA, Qantas, and Cathay are the only ones I think), so if they were to only model one engine variant they wouldn't pick RR. 

Ike-

Thus far we have all three engine variants and the 400 in the F, M, ER, BCF and plain old vanilla 400 variant, along with CRTs, LCDs, Standard standby instruments, EISD, GPS enabled or disabled, the old and new style of fuel scavenge, old and new style of apu fuel feed, and approximately 180 other options you can use to customize your airplane.

It is unlikely the D will get any consideration because we cannot find actual perf data for the airplane.  (We requested it and were denied...)  We will probably let you turn the winglets off tho- if you are just looking for a visual impact.

LCF: Eventually- but not as part of the base package.

Moving on from there, we have the 748i/F coming along nicely as well- and those are ground up simulations including all the system differences and the ECL, etc...

So...  To answer your question in short:  Yes.

• Upvote 2

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Good morning all, no PMDG 747-8i V2 ? 

Happy new year 2015 wish all the best !  :wub:

IIRC BA were at one time the largest 744 operator, so there were a buck load of Rollers out there :) Maybe I'm biased being a Brit, but the RR's look the best as well as being unique with their triple spool design :)

Alaister Kay

IIRC BA were at one time the largest 744 operator...

As far as I know, they still are. With over 40 -400s still active, I don't see anyone thing their crown soon.

Good morning all, no PMDG 747-8i V2 ?

I didn't ask about the -8, but RSR confirms anyway:

Moving on from there, we have the 748i/F coming along nicely as well- and those are ground up simulations including all the system differences and the ECL, etc...

- Ike Callaway

Good information.

Not to mention, with so many variants considered in the 747v2, maybe, just maybe, there is a renewed hope for seeing a 777-200 and -200ER variant in the future.  B)

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Gents-

I've said many times:  Yes- we do intend to add the 777-200ERs to the fleet.  As always- we will not discuss the "when" of scheduling...

Adding the question to every thread in the forum won't change the prioritization, so you needn't do so.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hello Rob,

Could you please specify which of the many offered variants will be offered as a basepack and which will be an expansion?

Also, possibly - have you considered offering two "base packs", i.e. as it would have been in the 737NGX, possibility to buy 600/700 also as standalone?

Could you please specify which of the many offered variants will be offered as a basepack and which will be an expansion?

It's kinda buried, but it's in the stickeyed latest announcement:

"All three engine types will be included in the initial release, along with the 400, 400M, 400ER, 400F, 400ERF and 400BCF airplanes."

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/458930-31dec14-a-little-something-for-the-new-year/page-2?p=3146399#entry3146399

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle.

That looks like one massive base pack, compared to recent products :) Nevertheless, I'll be ready and happy to buy.

Thanks Kyle.

That looks like one massive base pack, compared to recent products :) Nevertheless, I'll be ready and happy to buy.

Welcome. Yeah, I'm pretty excited to have it, myself. The 744 is what got me into PMDG aircraft back in FS9. In fact, I remember messing around with it on my computer in my hotel room the night before I moved into my dorm for my first year of uni...over a decade ago now...

It'll be nice to fly it again with renewed interest from the advances in modeling and other practices. I love the original 744, but as we've all noted, it looks very dated after flying the NGX and 777.

Kyle Rodgers