Sign in to follow this  
Falconfly

Sound issue.

Hey team, happy new year!

Started to face an issue recently, where the FO would suddenly stop speaking. He would although act upon my requests, however not say a word. The fsx volume is normal and no issues three. I did try the audio tests and could not hear anything. This happens sometimes before giving the welcome speech and sometimes before attempting checklists. I have checked the FO volume and that is at 9 and also have tried pressing HS button, but it does not help either. Checked the Cfg and it shows my correct audio source as xonar u7.Iam using a analog headset. Would wonder what the issue could be. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

We've seen this a few times before.  It seems to be if that your headset momentarily disconnects from your computer, even for a split micro second, the headset will disconnect from the FS2Crew audio system, hence you can't hear anything anymore.

The reason for the momentary disconnect could be anything, but it's usually hardware related.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2159978/usb-devices-disconnecting-reconnecting.html

I would suggest trying a new headset.  

Would be nice if you could find a fix for that. I am experiencing this issue randomly with a brand new Sennheiser 320.

cheers,

Seb

It may not be possible, but I'll see if I can force a reconnect.

Yes Bryan, any help will be appreciated.Just yesterday i had an issue where i played the welcome announcement and asked for the before start checklist and the first officer went silent. 

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Yes Bryan, any help will be appreciated.Just yesterday i had an issue where i played the welcome announcement and asked for the before start checklist and the first officer went silent. 

I'll see what I can do... but this is a hardware issue on your end.

I experience the same issue here. It also happens if I change the standart audiodevice in my computer while FS2Crew is running, for example when I want to play my electric guitar enroute (which is not very rare on longhaul flights) ;)

A fix for this would be highly apprechiated.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

I'll see what I can do... but this is a hardware issue on your end.

I understand, Thanks a lot for your help.

Also if i may ask how far away from 1.2 are we ? And would it be primarily a bug fix update or also include new features such as the ones that we have requested for ? 

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Also if i may ask how far away from 1.2 are we ? And would it be primarily a bug fix update or also include new features such as the ones that we have requested for ? 

I'm still on R & R, but 1.2 will be out sometime in January, probably in the later half.

It will feature bug fixes and many of the new features users have requested.

What would you recommend for a headset? USB based? Analog based? I'm using a logitech H540 USB Headset. It would be nice to get a fix for this as it happens for both the NGX and the Dash-8 now (and if you type fs2crew sound missing into google, it happens to more than just a handful of people). I love the program when it works, but this issue is holding me back from getting it for the T7 and probably the 747v2 when it comes out.

I think a software fix would be more appropriate rather than telling your customers that they need to go and buy more hardware, that you haven't even recommended on your website (I just don't want to go out and spend $100 on ANOTHER headset just to have the same problem)

Thank you very much

Dwayne,

I use a 20 USB headset with no problems.  USBs tend to the easiest to work with.

The audio disconnect is a result of a driver/hardware issue.  If your headset, etc., disconnects from your computer for a even micro-second, the connection to the FS2Crew audio engine will be lost.

V1.2 will allow you to force a re-connect of the audio system.

Best,

Good Day, i have a brand new Roccat Kave headset that i've used on all your products but i am having the same issues. I start the program and state procedures which the FO follows but there is no reply from him. I have uninstalled and re installed but doesn't work. I am not using steam just the old disc version of FSX. Thank you for the great products, tell the guys/gals i said great job please. 

rb_banner_driver.png        ugcx_banner.png

Olisa "Ols" Achonye  

USN/USAF  

hey, i had a sound issue with the update 1.2 i've never had before. No sound from fs2crew, the audio source was right and the audio test works, i use a headset. i resolved the issue ticking the HS button.

Before the update 1.2 the headset worked even with the HS button unticked. Maybe it is the same for you

cheers 

For me, too, after v1.2 if I don't press HS each time when I start the flight (on, then off), I don't have the FO voice.

James Goggi