Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

2014 Demographic Results Released

We are pleased to release the 2014 Demographic Survey results to the community. Here you will find the compiled data from the survey which was ran for most of the year. Over 2,900 of your fellow flight simulation enthusiasts participated in this survey and we think you will find the results interesting.

Chart.jpg

Chart(1).jpg

Chart(2).jpg

Chart(3).jpg

Chart(4).jpg

Chart(5).jpg

Chart(6).jpg

Chart(7).jpg

Chart(8).jpg

Chart(9).jpg

Chart(10).jpg

Chart(11).jpg

Chart(12).jpg

Chart(13).jpg

Chart(14).jpg

Chart(15).jpg

Chart(16).jpg

Chart(17).jpg

Chart(18).jpg

Chart(19).jpg

Chart(20).jpg

Chart(21).jpg

Chart(22).jpg

Chart(23).jpg

Chart(24).jpg

Chart(25).jpg

Chart(26).jpg

Chart(27).jpg

Chart(28).jpg

Chart(29).jpg

Chart(30).jpg

Chart(31).jpg

All of the raw data used to compile these charts can be found in the AVSIM PUBLICATIONS area that you can access from the right menu area; HOT SPOTS.

This post has been promoted to an article

Interesting, but nothing there surprised me! Happy New Year!

The relative usage of flight simulators is interesting. FSX still seem to be the favourite with P3D still having some way to catch up.

Thanks for posting, interesting stuff, Happy New Year Tom 

Interesting. And mostly expected.

But over the year, I have seen more users move from FSX to P3D.

One thing I would like to mention, the categories of aircraft. Most of the available selections did not apply to me. I fly mostly older/vintage aircraft. GA, commercial, military. No jets. No helicopters. This leaves only GA and military to choose from. I do fly older and more modern GA, but only older military aircraft. Again, no jets.

Interesting.  I didn't think GA was that close to the popularity of the big jets.  Looking at VATSIM and IVAO you'd think nearly the entire sim world was in jets.  A shame they can't get better GA presence.  I find IVAO, in particular, to be a quite helpful bunch.  Also, perhaps, as the quality and availability of business jets gets up with the rest, there may be more biz jet flyers.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The relative usage of flight simulators is interesting. FSX still seem to be the favourite with P3D still having some way to catch up.

I don't remember the numbers exactly Gerry but it seems to me there are fewer P3D converts compared to FSX when it came out in 2006.  I have P3D installed but use it less than FSX at the moment.  I will make a full transition when more of my favorites are P3D compatible.  

Thanks for posting the results Tom, the results are interesting.

\Robert Hamlich/

As with others, interesting results but no surprises.

Given the growing number of high quality aircraft now becoming available for it, I would hope to see DCS included in this year's survey.

I don't remember the numbers exactly Gerry but it seems to me there are fewer P3D converts compared to FSX when it came out in 2006.

The 2014 survey covered more a full year of P3D v2.x (November 2013) but  the 2006 survey covered  only less than 3 months of FSX (October 2006)  so they are not comparable..

By the small percentage that are still in school, in either full or part-time and the students, then there are a very large numbers of P3D software in the wrong hands. Liars, liars, all of you. On-line polygraph tests should be part of joining Avsim.

Bonne Année à Tous!

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

By the small percentage that are still in school, in either full or part-time and the students, then there are a very large numbers of P3D software in the wrong hands. Liars, liars, all of you. On-line polygraph tests should be part of joining Avsim.

That sir is a total non sequitur. All users of Prepar3D are lumped together, with no distinction made between the four license types.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

One thing I find interesting is while P3D has increased in use, now surpassing FS2004 in primary use, XP10 on the other hand has remained relatively stagnant  from  last years results, at least here at AVSIM. FSX use shows no sign of abating anytime soon!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Liars, liars, all of you. On-line polygraph tests should be part of joining Avsim.

Its my local Tax Man coming back to haunt me  :o

I'm surprised at the popularity index of Flightsims. This would rank FSX first by a long way, P3D second, FS9 third and X-Plane 10 only fourth. I'm not sure how to evaluate the index, too. But overall very interesting as usual!