Sign in to follow this  
Nurmblitz

Rex Direct update and Trojan.Gen2

Probably another false alarm, but Norton halted the update process with Trojan.Gen2 find.

How about rest of you, any alarms?

I´ll wait until further information is available.

There are a lot of false positives when FSX addon software is installed.  That's why it is recommended you disable your anti-virus program before downloading and installing.  This is how installations are messed up for many but most have no problems whatsoever with the update.  If you have your anti-virus program enabled, it has a purpose in life to protect you from evil people (that's not us or the FSX addon developers).  It will quarantine or not make a required registry entry because it thinks a virus is attacking your system.  You need to disable it.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I don't disable AV for installs, that is not safe.. do some research.. ask around, inquire with the company.. If possible download the setup exe and scan with other products as well, like Malware Bytes or Microsoft Security essentials.. A lot of developers are small time operations, so who knows for sure if their setup program has become infected or not.. Also sometimes certain DRM actions can set off AV as well..  In any case proceed with caution at all times, don't just turn off your AV because you're  doing an install.

Same here with Norton. I manually selected restore file. No problems. I remember Rex4 did that also on initial install.

Don Nelson

I tend to think same ways as htuna. I did not notice any instructions at developer's webpage.

I tend to think same ways as htuna. I did not notice any instructions at developer's webpage.

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/32253-download-and-installation-issues/?hl=trojan.gen2

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/31565-tu1-terminated/?hl=trojan.gen2

Doing a simple search at rex forum came up with these

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Ok, but I'm not allowed to enter those secret forums.

Nothing  secret about it unless you got a secret, you just need to place your order number in the forum to get verified  to check if you got a legal copy of the product. So cant see what  this  is so secret,  orbox does it  and many other addons forums  make you place your order details in

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The links gave only a very general information about this issue. In the first case the customer went through a very complicated update process by his own means. So no relevant instructions available but to switch off the guard...

least I gave you some links and  now you say you can enter those secret forums, lol very complicated process by turning of your avg suddenly I have a feeling I been here before

Peter kelberg

Yes indeed. Actually, now after reading things more carefully this update is not even relevant for FSX users. All fixes were for P3D.

Yes indeed. Actually, now after reading things more carefully this update is not even relevant for FSX users. All fixes were for P3D.

Actually they are for all users

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/32519-td-update-1-2-unnecessary-for-fsxers/

Peter kelberg