Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Can I get your opinion on the following aircraft? (no big jets in this list)

Topic says it all thanks a lot!  Please recommend additional aircraft as well that kind of fit here, like I'd say charter type aircraft are what I enjoy simulating, not really into the big airliners anymore.

Carenado PC-12

Carenado B1900

Wilco Piaggio Avanti II

Wilco TBM850

Eaglesoft CJ1 Version 2  (This hopefully is really good, because it's quite expensive)

Razbam Metro

Flysimware 441

Flysimware 402

I think that's about it. 

I HAVE the following and can highly recommend all of them:

Flight 1 Super King Air (B200)

Flight 1 Cessna Citation Mustang

Real Air Duke, piston

Digital Aviation Cheyenne package

Basler BT6 conversion package (Freeware and very well done!)

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Couldn't disagree more.  I'll take the piston Duke.

Stan

Stan,

Do I understand correctly that you do not recommend the Razbam Metro?

Jeff

Topic says it all thanks a lot!  Please recommend additional aircraft as well that kind of fit here, like I'd say charter type aircraft are what I enjoy simulating, not really into the big airliners anymore.

Carenado PC-12

Carenado B1900

Wilco Piaggio Avanti II

Wilco TBM850

Eaglesoft CJ1 Version 2  (This hopefully is really good, because it's quite expensive)

Razbam Metro

Flysimware 441

Flysimware 402

I like the PC-12 - moreso in P3D where I can edit the GTN 750 into the VC (x2) - it does do RXP 530 in the FSX version - Bernt did a nice job with the FDE and it's a semi fast heavy GA hauler

Stay away from Wilco produts imho

Don't have the CJ1 v2 - thought about it - but the graphics kept me away - I'm looking forward to their C560 though

Heard the Metro is pretty good - scan the forums for custom mods done by some users to make it even better

C441 - heard systems and engine modeling is superb, the graphics aren't the best though.  One of the operators hangs out here in the forums a lot though.  Pretty fast plane can land at short strips

I recommend the recently released RealAir Turbine Duke v2 as well - not super fast (300 KTAS), but climbs like crazy, RXP or GTN options for the panel, short field takeoff/landing etc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan,

Can the Flight 1 GTN 750 not integrate into the PC-12 in FSX, I have the steam edition which I use exclusively now?

Short story...

I am fortunate enough to have met a PC-12 owner and got an hour and half ride with him while he learned his new GTN 750 upgrade which was awesome by the way.  The real world GTN 750 units were so easy to use, everything was touch screen and the menus were extremely user friendly and intuitive much like our smart phones and tablets.  We took off did a turn out the south requested a GPS approach on our own navigation and so I punched in the approach selected my waypoint, pressed the AP button and then the NAV and the APP button, and the airplane flew the whole thing down to mins itself, procedure turn and everything, it was really cool for a guy like me who has only flown piston aircraft with very basic autopilots and the Garmin 530s.

Jeff

Carenado PC-12

Carenado B1900

Wilco Piaggio Avanti II

Wilco TBM850

Razbam Metro

Flysimware 441

Flysimware 402

Carenado PC-12

Really good overall, with excellent visuals and sounds, and not a bad flight dynamics engine.  As always a few annoying Carenado bugs.   Bert Pieke on these forums has produced a number of tweaks, mods and improvements.

Carenado B1900

Lacks a bit polish to me, has default FSX A/P with no proper IAS mode (the PC-12 above has proper working IAS mode).   I bought the B1900 but rarely fly it.  Poor sounds.

Wilco Piaggio Avanti II

Don't own it because I don't buy Wilco products (any more).

Wilco TBM850

Do not buy this.  Please. I beg you.  Frame Rates are dreadful, and many bugs IMHO.  Yes, this was the last Wilco I bought.

Eaglesoft CJ1 Version 2

One of their weaker "V2" releases in my opinion.   Very similar to the V1 visually and functionally, but with a Universal FMS added.   The Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 is infinitely better.   This CJ1 is dated and over-priced IMHO.

Razbam Metro

Love it.  Absolutely great aircraft.   Lots of fun to fly.  Lovely sounds and VC texturing.  There are some modifications here on AVSIM that make it even better.   I'd highly recommend this one.

Flysimware 441

Brilliant realism, systems modelling, one of the best turbo-prop simulations available.  Good immersion and sounds.    Has Flight 1 GTN 750 integration.  A little lacking in texturing quality - especially in the VC.

Flysimware 402

Lovely ambience and immersion, great FDE and sound.  Again, as above - A little lacking in texturing quality - especially in the VC.

............but the best new turbo-prop in this class size at the moment, is the just-released RealAir Turbine Duke V2 :-   http://www.realairsimulations.com/home.php?page=home

Cheers.

Craig, thank you.  Also, I am glad you told me to stay away from the Wilco TBM850, as it is one of my favorite real world aircraft.

So I was at Carenado.com checking out some pics of the PC-12.  The PC-12 has no prop control, yet I noticed one shot in air showed the engine RPM at 1191, in the real world it should be upper 1600s, Flight had correctly modeled this aspect, has Carenado not correctly modeled this as well?

Jeff

I always beat this drum.  The Carenado Malibu Mirage (not the Jetprop) is a wonderful plane.  Brilliant FDE, tons of information and instruction on the web about how to fly it right.  Sounds aren't great but there are fixes.  I've tweaked the crap out of mine and have everything but the ground radios working (not gonna be able to fix that.) 

The Flight1 Mustang is still the best biz jet but I'm hopeful we'll see a good one come out this year...so very hopeful about the new Eaglesoft work.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Carenado PC-12 - great

Carenado B1900 - don't have, no comment

Wilco Piaggio Avanti II - flew it once, immediately retired it.

Wilco TBM850 - used to like it, like the Carenado version better. 

Eaglesoft CJ1 Version 2  (This hopefully is really good, because it's quite expensive) - don't have, no comment.

Razbam Metro - eh, I have been on the fence. I like GA aircraft, and this is GA+. Don't have.

Flysimware 441 - don't have. But if you want a good (no, GREAT) twin, the RealAir Duke B60 is the BEST!

Flysimware 402 - don't have.

I think that's about it. 

I HAVE the following and can highly recommend all of them:

Flight 1 Super King Air (B200)

Flight 1 Cessna Citation Mustang

Real Air Duke, piston

Digital Aviation Cheyenne package

Basler BT6 conversion package (Freeware and very well done!)

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

There's no native GTN install in the pc12. There's a few edits floating around. Check over at simforums - the best one I found was there - uses 2x 750's but you only get the main display - ie you'll have to use a popup to actively use it.

If you want better (accurate) perf with the C510 talk to Gregg hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I find the Razbam Metro perfect for short hops between short strips. Always good fun. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I noticed one shot in air showed the engine RPM at 1191, in the real world it should be upper 1600s, Flight had correctly modeled this aspect, has Carenado not correctly modeled this as well?

Hmm, I'm not sure, I'll have to do a test flight and have a look at that.  Was the Power Lever at Idle at the time?    As far as I've noticed, the RPM tends to sit around the 1700 mark which is where it spends most of it's time in the real aircraft.

I always beat this drum.  The Carenado Malibu Mirage (not the Jetprop) is a wonderful plane.  Brilliant FDE, tons of information and instruction on the web about how to fly it right.  Sounds aren't great but there are fixes.  I've tweaked the crap out of mine and have everything but the ground radios working (not gonna be able to fix that.) 

The Flight1 Mustang is still the best biz jet but I'm hopeful we'll see a good one come out this year...so very hopeful about the new Eaglesoft work.

+1 about Malibu Mirage , great plane.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos