Hi all,

I'm going to be setting up a 3 monitor display for P3D, and wondered what peoples thoughts are on either adding an extra GTX480 card to the existing one, or just replacing for a GTX970/80.

Is there a performance benefit having 1x 9 series compared to 2x480s?

Also, any other parts of my system you think should be upgraded (see set-up in signature)

Any thoughts welcome to a relative beginner.

Cheers,

Rob.

Rob

A single 980 will eat 480 SLI for breakfast. Its miles better, and you wont need to worry about the SLI issues that still persist.

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

There's no question mate, go with the 970 or 980. Even the 970 will blow two 480 out of the water...

Cheers!

Hello 

Definitely go with the 980 .But first of all make sure that your motherboard supports the gpu and also , your cpu might mildly bottle neck the gpu ( which means that it wont efficiently handle all the power of the 980 ) i recommend OC'ing your cpu to something around 3.5 or even higher . or get a 970 . also if you upgrade your cpu to a 4790k you'll notice a greater increase in performance than upgrading your gpu ! 

Cheers  ^_^

Thanks all. Fasouli, I think you're right, I may have too rebuild the whole system to get what I want!

A long road ahead.

Cheers.

Rob

Thanks all. Fasouli, I think you're right, I may have too rebuild the whole system to get what I want!

A long road ahead.

Cheers. 

Your welcome  ^_^ . Tbh if you really want good performance in fsx or p3d you should definitely build a new rig :P . If you have any other questions i would be pleased to help . good luck 

Regards