Thanks for the answer

--------------------------------------------------

This order has been processed

Date Processed: 8/2/2005

Downloadable Product(s) Information

[Order information removed]

Regards

Mo

You're welcome for the answer. Any reason why you chose to post your order information, to include your personal download link on a semi-public forum?

Kyle Rodgers

Just out of curiosity, can I ask why you are interested in 2004 products?

Call it boredom with the current stuff I have. I use FSX, FSX Steam, and FS2004 and the MD-11 for FS2004 was one on I'm my wish list for quite some time so thought I'd get it and challenge myself with the advanced startup procedures. My FS2004 runs better but that's not to say I wouldn't someday pick up the FSX version. They had a nice package deal where you could get both the FSX and FS2004 version so was going to go that route. Unfortunately can't do that now but not upset about it. Too bad cause it was $ for PMDG. Just wish they would have made an announcement on some of the flight sim sites or at least on their site they were taking them down but that's their choice. I shouldn't have waited so long to try and get it. Easy come easy go...

Jon Clay

Investment? I have 'invested' a lot of money in beer over the last 11 years and have a soft belly to show for it. I have 'spent' lots of money on entertainment, including some on FS9 and its add-ons. I certainly do not expect to be able to re-sell any of it let alone make a profit on it so I would be very reluctent to call it an investment.

Invest : "To spend or devote for future advantage or benefit "

You read my use of the word "invested", far too narrowly, and totally ignored the point I was making.

Peter Schluter

Gents-

The FS2004 versions of our products are no longer for sale- and haven't been for some time.  Some of you may recall that we announced in 2008 that we were ceasing development for FS2004 products.  After six years, the sale of these products comprised less than 1/10th of 1% of our revenue in the first three quarters of 2014 and none of us have FS2004 installed thus making support more and more challenging moving forward.

Our decision to cease selling them has no impact on your ability to redownload/activate them.

I understand that a few folks enjoy creating drama over other's selection for simming platform- but such behavior is officially discouraged in this forum and we ask that you take it elsewhere, please.

In our case- we simply find that it costs more to support the continued sale of these products than they create in revenue- and since we are a business- we have elected to take them off the market.

Mo:  In the future, rather than lashing out at us (and Kyle specifically) perhaps you should politely ask for clarification.  Kyle talked me out of taking punitive action against your account access- so may want to thank "Mr. Rodgers" before taking pot-shots at him next time.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

PMDG folks,

Thanks for clarifying your position on FS2004 products. I certainly understand your position and support your decision. It makes no sense to lose money supporting something. I apologize for my post and it wasn't intended to bring such drama to the forum. It would be fine with me if you locked it or just removed it as my original question was answered.

Jon Clay

I do apologize Kyle for my behaviour.

Mo

And you still didn't sign your name... 

Jeff Calder

The rules about signing  names seem totally inconsistent here.

I couldn't continue post on a PMDG threadcontinues to post on thread and asked  AVSIM why::

"Why can't I  post in "We want a new PMDG MD-11!". All I did  was to comment on the few members who wanted a new PMDG MD-11. Is that a breach of the ToS?.

Gerry Howard"

AVSIM's reply was:

"PMDG removed the topic because the topic starter did not sign his full name.  Not a breach of the AVSIM ToS but a breach of PMDG rules. PMDG has decided to get very strict with this policy.

Best regards,

Jim Young / Forums Director | AVSIM Online!
http://www.avsim.com"

You could have fooled me!

Maybe people will start to sign their names than as per the rules

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The rules about signing names seem totally inconsistent here.

Honestly, they're not: Full real names are mandatory on the PMDG subforum, but not anywhere else on AVSIM as far as I can recall. It's a demand by PMDG, not AVSIM.

I know the rules are clear. My point is that they're not applied consistently

I know the rules are clear. My point is that they're not applied consistently

They will be when I/we can track all of this down. Give it a rest, please.

Kyle Rodgers

They will be when I/we can track all of this down. Give it a rest, please.

Why then have egll's posts not been removed?

Why then have egll's posts not been removed?

Worry about yourself. Let us handle the rest.

Kyle Rodgers

Worry about yourself. Let us handle the rest.

Not that I want to be a pain in the rear but this is unfair.  You directly responded to egll and they pretty much directly ignored you.  Yet their posts remain.

I shouldn't tell anyone how to do their job but if Gerry got discipline at some point for not signing, and "mo" didn't, how is that consistent or fair?  "mo" broke the rules multiple times in this topic alone.  Those of us who obey the rules get offended when said rules don't seem to apply to everyone.  Maybe "mo" is an exception for some reason, but that's not fair or consistent.

It's a pretty straightforward rule.  It's also pretty easy to tell when it hasn't been followed, seems like it would be easy to enforce.

Jeff Calder