Sign in to follow this  
sbclark

My PMDG Navigation Folder Is Not Correct

Below is a link that shows what my PMDG Navigation Data base file structure looks like, and it doesn’t look correct:

http://imageshack.com/a/img904/3637/Bv6uey.jpg

Not knowing what the file structure and file folder names should look like, could someone please post a screen shot of their PMDG navigation folders so I could reconfigure mine?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Bill, I have looked at the file tree screenshot you posted. Unfortunately I don't subscribe to an image hosting facility (ImageShack allows only a month free trial and I don't use it often enough to justify the $$) so I can't post a screenshot of my setup. But I can assure that your PMDG folder tree is no different from the one on my PC (bar a couple of utilities that I added). What makes you think that yours doesn't look correct ?

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Emile,  if you have a closer look at his  screen shot  he has got duplicates, to the op  don't know how that happened, I suppose if everything is working ok than wouldn't worry about it,  but you can always submit a support ticket  in.  strange.  I had this happen to me  but only  in my panel cfg  where I had duplicates  for  fs2crew entries

NZcYJ.png

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Unfortunately I don't subscribe to an image hosting facility

Not sure if you have a GMail account, you also have a number of other services at your disposal, to include Picasaweb.

picasaweb,google.com

Same thing. Free. ImageShack is a bit antiquated, honestly. There are loads of other services that do the same thing for free (and without the old school bandwidth limit).

Kyle Rodgers

Peter, and others, thanks for your response,

When I updated the Nav database via either Navigraph or NavDataPro, I believe I pointed to the wrong folder locations and kinda messed things up.

What I need your help on is to see the underlying folders of the items below, plus if there are any folders beneath those folders?

NavData

NavData-Backup

Sidstars

My hope is to modify my particular folder layout and then do an update from NavDataPro and point to the correct folder, which I believe is just the “root” FSX folder? It is always confusing when I update all the products I have requiring these databases every 28 days, because you need to select the correct file path.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

Emile,  if you have a closer look at his  screen shot  he has got duplicates

Aww, I should have put my glasses on before checking this out - you're right.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Lol no worries Emile   we all make  that mistake of not reading  whats in front of  us

cXk.png

UZMvz.png

Bill as you can see I don't update my nav data at all so this might be different to your and others

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

What I need your help on is to see the underlying folders of the items below, plus if there are any folders beneath those folders?[/size]

Bill, I have now managed to upload a screen capture of my PMDG folder tree to a hosting website (after some useful info from Kyle). Here is the link :

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-G74BBoGYd0c/VKcrph526mI/AAAAAAAAABE/8iyKL-u-Pr8/w207-h536-no/PMDG%2Bfolders.JPG

Just ignore the folders NZQN_Mod and PMDG_VHHX [NG] V2.0. Where applicable I expanded the folders so that you can see what subfolders are underneath them. The utilities I have installed, all found the location of my FSX root folder without me having to point to it, as that info is stored in the registry. Perhaps this is different with NavDataPro (I use Navigraph myself). For any updates that require you to point to a folder, you should point to the folder that the updater requests, e.g. the folder where the utility itself is installed, or the FSX root folder. Hope this helps.

Not sure if you have a GMail account, you also have a number of other services at your disposal, to include Picasaweb.

I don't use GMail, but as it happens I do have a Google account (which I hadn't actually used to date). After some digging around I managed to install Picasa and found out how to upload images - as you can see above. Thanks heaps for this very useful info, Kyle !

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

I don't use GMail, but as it happens I do have a Google account (which I hadn't actually used to date). After some digging around I managed to install Picasa and found out how to upload images - as you can see above. Thanks heaps for this very useful info, Kyle !

Welcome! Glad to help!

Kyle Rodgers

When I updated the Nav database via either Navigraph or NavDataPro, I believe I pointed to the wrong folder locations and kinda messed things up.

Was that cycle 1311 Rev 1? If it was I don't believe you pointed it in the wrong direction. When I installed Rev 1, the installer sent about half the data to the PMDG folder and the other half to a temporary folder in FSX that it created on its own. I had the PMDG NGX installed on another computer. I was able to look at those folders and files structure and figure out what went where.

I solved my problem………..it was a combination of a number of things.

First of all, I had two file folders, not even shown in my original post, that were put there by NavDataPro because I chose the incorrect path. What is required by NavDataPro is that you point to the following directory if you want your data to be placed correctly:

E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG <<<<<< Correct for NavDataPro

Note – In my case, I left out the “PMDG” part of the path

If you use Navagraph as your source of data, you only have to point to the FSX folder (E:\Micrososoft Flight Simulator X) as it is able to find the “PMDG” folder automatically, and place the Nav data properly into their correct folders. Also, Navagraph uses what looks like a different method of backing up older data than NavDataPro does. The reason for some of the additional folders. One folder was a duplicate.

So what I did was delete folders I no longer needed and downloaded and installed the latest NavDataPro data properly and cleared up my problem. My current configuration looks much more simplified and like what was posted on AVSIM as well as some configuration screenshots sent from a couple of friends who also have PMDG A/C installed on their systems.

Thanks again for your help,

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

Good you fixed it - happy flying !

Cheers,
Emile Bax.