Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Biggest disappointments - 2014

I will chime in here only to be barked at. I paid the regular price fro P3Dv2 and now some of my favorite add ons are either dragging there feet getting them to cross. Never did I dream I would have to pay an annual price for the use of something I purchase, when on the other platform it is a flat fee.

Okay, now I'm intrigued. What product charges an "annual fee" for use in Prepar3Dv2?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well, i was expecting more from metroliner too, but definitelly the biggest disappointment for me are blackbox airbus series. I purchased their A320 to have some decent airbus until FSLabs release, at that time there was no aerosoft new airbus. I didn't know thier history at that time. I find their model worse then many freeware aircrafts. I know that is supposed to be a work in progress, but most of us are still waiting to see any progress...

I don't want to criticize any company, but there are a couple them i decided in 2014 to just ignore them. I'll never buy anything else from them before SP1, SP2 and SP3 are released, and there are at least 2 reviews on AVSIM and some other FS related websites that claims this is something realy great, plenty of people happy with product in different forums, and also not before at least 2 friends tests and recommend me that product. Maybe i'll make some review of this products when i have time, but i can't promise, becouse i like to concentrate on positive things  :lol:

FlyTampa is still at the top for me, EKCH is not 100% their work from what i know, and that area is hard on FPS in FSX anyway. 

I belive Aerosoft CRJ is a very close to release, FSLabs BETA testing has probably started, and i really can't wait to put my hands on their Airbus

I paid the regular price fro P3Dv2 and now some of my favorite add ons are either dragging there feet getting them to cross.

I agree Capt. It has been a bit strange watching the Dev folks dance around the P3D bonfire as though they were looking for devine guidance from the God of Flight Simulators. I am sure they must have some valid reasons for this strange behavior that us everyday mortals would never understand. Their seems to be many of us who have removed on to P3D and cleaned the FSX A-Z from the computers. We also seem to be the part of the community willing to "pay the freight" for new goodies to feed our Flight Sim passions. Very strange to me!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Biggest disappointment for me had to be BlackBox Airbus series.

Why people continue to purchase and support them is mind boggling. They have 2 unfinished products out and are developing yet another (A340). How about finishing one first? My biggest disappointment would be people continuing to support any developers releasing a unfinished product. It makes for bad business and a bad trend in FS. I realize we all want things now but they peddle to the impatient while promising the world.

Richie Walsh

Okay, now I'm intrigued. What product charges an "annual fee" for use in Prepar3Dv2?

Thats what i was wondering too.....

Why people continue to purchase and support them is mind boggling. They have 2 unfinished products out and are developing yet another (A340). How about finishing one first? My biggest disappointment would be people continuing to support any developers releasing a unfinished product. It makes for bad business and a bad trend in FS. I realize we all want things now but they peddle to the impatient while promising the world.

I should have been more clear. I do not own any Blackbox add on for the same reasons you mention. I had an interest on the A330 but at their development rate I'll wait for Aerosoft's offering.

mostly diappointed with CSL1011....downloaded, installed and boom...crashes FSX each time i try to use it...ticket with captainsim and status is always pending for review by developer....

emann

My biggest disappointment would be people continuing to support any developers releasing a unfinished product. It makes for bad business and a bad trend in FS. I realize we all want things now but they peddle to the impatient while promising the world.

Here here! I got burnt with Airsimmer's A320 and the DA F100 VC years ago, and learnt my lesson. Purchase based on what the product is now, not what you're told/hope it will be in 12 months, irrespective of any discounts offered to entice you.

Sadly, the FS addon industry has earned a reputation for overdue underdelivery on products released before full completion.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

:Applause:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Not related to 2014, but biggest disappointment over years in flight simming, that is still ringing in my ears is a purchase of FlyLogic Switzerland X for around hundred bucks! The ugliest scenery all around, as I said numerous times before. Used it for few days when I bought it and couldn't stand the colours  of photo textures anymore.

Also biggest disappointment in 2014 is Aerosoft A318/319, on par with original AXE. I bought it with huge expectations that FPS is better with no stutters, but... still so hard on frames on my system, worse performance than NGX easily, with even more pronounced stutters. Tried various support and fixes, nothing helped, even a tiny bit (starting with weather radar fix). I'm, so happy with NGX luckily, so I don't have to bang my head over Aerosoft Airbus anymore.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

The lack of thanks to those many developers, both freeware & payware, that have made our hobby such fun.

Yes, there are the few that do say thanks, but the developers need so much support from us, more so the freeware guys that give of their time & effort, for nothing, often for a release that is better than any payware.

Thanks to all out there...

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Flight1 refusing to release a P3D version of the Cessna Citation Mustang.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hmm good topic. Where to start?

First, I suppose: still no decent KATL. Mind-boggling, really.

Second, the CS 777. Junk. How do you get to 1.6 and still have so many problems. Come to think of it, why do you even have to get to a 1.6 at all? Shouldn't you be done by 1.2?

Also biggest disappointment in 2014 is Aerosoft A318/319, on par with original AXE. I bought it with huge expectations that FPS is better with no stutters, but... still so hard on frames on my system, worse performance than NGX easily, with even more pronounced stutters. Tried various support and fixes, nothing helped, even a tiny bit (starting with weather radar fix). I'm, so happy with NGX luckily, so I don't have to bang my head over Aerosoft Airbus anymore.

Third: that so many of us paid twice for the same product. Yeah, I read the list that MK posted regarding the differences between the new Airbus series and the Airbus X Extended but it's the same thing. How many of us paid to go see all of the "Hangover" movies too? Same thing. Even the cockpit textures look the same and the engine sounds were the same until the recent TSS addition/update.

I can't speak to their smaller Airbus line but I was also dumb enough to pay for their A330 in 0.60 form. I hit up their facebook page daily and absolutely can't believe the delays they've been experiencing. While I understand that apparently the 0.80 is a big, substantive release and that, at least according to them, the 0.90 and 1.0 releases won't be quite as intensive, I still don't think I'll see 1.0 before I'm in the nursing home. No more prologue purchases for me...

Third: that so many of us paid twice for the same product

You didn't. You paid the discounted price to upgrade to the product (if you didnt take advantage of that that's your fault). The discounted price is essentially the cost to the upgraded feature list.

If you didn't like the new features, you should not have upgraded in the first place.

Also biggest disappointment in 2014 is Aerosoft A318/319, on par with original AXE. I bought it with huge expectations that FPS is better with no stutters, 

Many people had improvements in FPS compared to the AXE although we did mention people should expect no difference in performance.

I am interested to see what stutters you are experiencing (and maybe solve it) - File a support ticket via the aerosoft ticket system and put my name there.

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png

@JoshuaC - I personally don't think the above two negative reports about the Airbus A318/19/20/21 products are anywhere near being representative of how most people feel about them, or even the upgrade.

For me, the upgraded Aerosoft Airbus's were amongst the best releases of 2014, and the upgrade fee was very modest and appropriate.

But as we know, you can never please everyone  :smile: