Sign in to follow this  
Dimka

Coutal engine/Addon Manager causing FSX to crash.

I am trying to download GSX base package, and after I install it, my sim starts, and after a millisecond being on the main menu, it closes, no error messages, no fatal error, it just closes.

I have already looked at other support topics on this, and none of the fixes help me. I have tried uninstalling/ re installing many times, selecting 'don't run' when it asks to run after installing, and nothing works. And I have tried to delete all files manually.

I am running Windows 8.1 (no I'm not going to Win 7) if that is causing an issue.

Thanks!

Well once you said not  to run  means now it wont run  on how many times you re install or uninstall since its in your trusted  section of your fsx.cfg,  you  saying no  to run.

Not certain of this but some else  can confirm or the best bet is to go to the fdst forum but I think you need to remove the line  that pertains to the the fsdt section since if you have a look some will have =1  or  =2   at the end of  each line

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have said yes to run before, and that is when it happens. While trying out different solution, selecting no to run was one I tried, and the sim started fine, but GSX wasn't installed.

Where do I check to see if it is '=1 or =2' is the  FSX CFG?

open up your fsx.cfg  and scroll down to the trusted section half way down the page, best bet is  to go  here

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?board=50.0

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Where do I check to see if it is '=1 or =2' is the FSX CFG?

Sorry gave you the wrong place to look its not in your fsx.cfg

read this  this is why is best to check the corre4ct forum to get answers

As the manual clearly said, you MUST authorize both the Addon Manager and the Couatl scripting engine, otherwise nothing from FSDT will ever work. To Undo your mistake, you must do the following:

- Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the question "Do you remove the Addon Manager?" AND reply YES to the question "Do you remove the Couatl scripting engine?" that will be made by the Uninstaller.

- Check if you also have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher (even a while ago), so nothing signed by us will run. This can't happen automatically, only you can do this. To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

- Reinstall GSX and be sure you reply YES to authorize BOTH modules when you launch FSX after the reinstall.

Sorry about  the wrong info but I was kind of half right 

Peter kelberg

Virtuali is not listed under Trusted or Untrusted.

than do what I suggested post your issue at the fsdt forum, you would have gotten your solution  a lot quicker  and  the right solution a well

Peter kelberg

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Download/install the latest Addon Manager, restart FSX and you should get the option to trust again.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I downloaded it from the FSDT site, and allowed it to run, same thing happens.

I think then you are blaming the wrong thing for causing your crashes.  You should submit a crash report by following the procedure on page 2 of the AppCrashView.  Post the report here.  A lot of things are loading when you startup fsx and there could be a corrupted dll.xml or your fsx.cfg somehow got corrupted.  There is one entry in the dll.xml that FSDT uses to load the Addon Manager:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

The dll.xml is located in the same folder as your fsx.cfg.  When any FSDT program modifies the dll.xml, it will make a back up.  You can go into the folder and bring back the dll.xml before the Addon Manager.  Once you do that, then you can try installing the addon manager again.  But I really think your problem is somewhere else as most 32 bit programs that are installed in 64 bit systems, must be installed with administrative rights.  Otherwise the Administrator of your computer (even if you are the Administrator) will deny access.  It's all laid out in the Installation Manual put out by FSDT and many other products.  I just make sure User Access Controls are disabled before I install anything.

An anti-virus or anti-malware program will not allow installation of certain files and registry entries too if those programs are set on high and are not disabled prior to installing an addon.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10