Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Uhhh, FSX doesn't start :(

Hey guys,

have a huge problem with my FSX, I cannot explain why!

In den last year everything was good, tough I got just Scenery.CFG File error, nonetheless everything worked. Then I installed ORBX Global and SImStarter, it worked my last flight was on 31/12/14. I intended to start a fly yesterday, but wasn't able to do so. Got this "FSX Process not found handle=0" error, I thought it's due to EZDOK, I deinstalled it, but now my FSX isn't starting any more. I tried to recover my SceneryCFG, no change.

When I start FSX.exe, I just get three Scenery.CFG Errors, and then FSX closes with out any message. I think something is really corrupt.

Can you please help me out?

EDIT: I forgot to write: After I installed ORBX Global, I tried to move all the entries in the FSX Scenery Library, I've read I could do that much faster my selecting one entry and press enter. I don't what happened, but I wasn't able to see any Addons any more, so the title of the Scenery vanished. Not sure, if this has to do with all that.

Delete or rename the scenery.cfg file. FSX will build a new one the next time it starts.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

This haven't worked. I did start FSX, I didn't get the scenery.cfg error, but Flightsim doesn't start. It just disappears after a while without any message. I've checked if it has created a new Scenery.cfg - it did.

I think I have broken my Sim this time. Really have no idea how to solve.

Then rebuild you FSX.cfg. This will cause FSX to restart with all its default settings and you will be promted to re-register all other 3rd party modules into FSX again. This is a realy good option for process of elimination.  Back up your original first

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Tried this, modules got registered again, but after few seconds, FSX crashes without any message.

I tried both, now I've de-installed SimStarter. Unfortunately, no change. I don't know whether simstarter or something else has been the cause of error or ORBX Global or the reason I pressed enter in my FSX Scenery Library to move a entry.

But this time - I beliebe - my FSX is genuinely messed up.

Okay, so is it still giving you a scenery error and then just closing out? is the scenery error something along the lines of  invalid remote path..... ? 

No, I don't get his error any longer since FSX created a new scenery.cfg. Honestly, I haven't made a screenshot, so I don't know the exact error message.

When I start the fsx.exe it just closes out; without any message or error.

Tried this, modules got registered again, but after few seconds, FSX crashes without any message.

I'm sorry, I wonder if you had an option to load FSX with just the defaults and before loading any other 3rd party modules? This could in fact verify that FSX alone is indeed the problem.

So remove or rename the fsx.cfg, restart FSX and let it build and DENY any modules from loading when prompted. See if FSX will start in its default location.

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Ok that worked! Without loading 3rd party modules, FSX starts in default.

Question is now, how to find out what scenery or tool is corrupt. When I got the scenery.cfg error, I just remember something with "268 Leb_Trans".

Ok that worked! Without loading 3rd party modules, FSX starts in default.

Question is now, how to find out what scenery or tool is corrupt. When I got the scenery.cfg error, I just remember something with "268 Leb_Trans".

Ok good. Now we know the problem is not FSX. AT this pint you would load one module at a time starting FSX only after each individual model until you come across the problem. Sorry but this could take some time depending on what you have installed. I'm not sure what thi is ("268 Leb_Trans".)

Troy Kemp

That's so typical. I've done what you've suggested. Guess what: Addon Manager has been caused the problem. I've had downloaded the latest version, because I always got this annoying pop-up and look, it destroys the hole FSX. When I installed FSDT products in the last year, I had a lot of problems with this tool either, then after a time it worked out. Now everything again: How can a module mess up the SIM that way? I read a lot of people are at loggerheads with that tool. Sorry, for that but this seemingly part of our hobby :-)

Nonetheless, I am able to start my FSX but no sceneries load up, though PMDG is select- and flyable. When I look into the scenery manager, I can see standard scenery, only. Do I've to login every single addon again?

Well thats going to be the tricky part. Its extremely difficult to tell if any of your sceneries are messed up and might be causing additional problems. Assuming that your sceneries are installed ok, then you could enable individual sceneries just as you did individual modules to see if you come across other problems. Fs Scenery Config Editor  found here: (http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/) is a really good tool to add/remove sceneries outside of FSX.

Troy Kemp