Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Uhhh, FSX doesn't start :(

Installed it.

In all likelihood a complete re-installation of FSX would be considerable at this circumstances. My Win 7 doesn't work as fast as it might any longer either, so probably a completely new set up would make it all easier. My System has been running for 2 years now, so much content has accumulated in this time, what makes the system slower. 

However, before I go to set everything new up, I would like to investigate in more detail how to build up a stable system in regard to Win7 and FSX. In all honesty, I think I never have gone with a system that long. Two years without format my HDD is a record. May be I could do it even longer, with more systematics and bit more know-how, so I need to collect some information, how to achieve that.

I don't need to do that immediately, so I can load a scenery into my library and fly as compromise solution, until I am ready to set everything up.

Have you any good resources and advises to build a fundamental "conciousness" in regard to Flight Simulator X, Win 7, Security and so on? When it comes to FSX I want not go too much into detail, because flying is more important. However, that much being able to understand how FSX works internally.

In all likelihood a complete re-installation of FSX would be considerable at this circumstances

Once in a while, reinstalling is the only thing that makes sense. I did it just two days ago and my FSX is flawless, even without stutters. It helps to get rid of old files you no longer need on your system and start anew.

However, before I go to set everything new up, I would like to investigate in more detail how to build up a stable system in regard to Win7 and FSX.

Good luck with that. Until a 64bit flightsim platform that we can all enjoy becomes available, you will find yourself like the rest of us spending lots of money on the best CPU, best Graphics card, best this, best that and only to find ourselves stuck with the current FSX limitations. Nevertheless, if you haven't already done so, much of us are putting FSX on dedicated SSD drives. I have my FSX on a dedicated Samsung 512GB drive...its faster and much easier to manage when not shared with th OS drive. More people are also putting additional addons such as sceneries and weather programs on dedicated drives too. I haven't tried it yet...too expensive and but is suppose make FSX more fluid in its operation.

Have you any good resources and advises to build a fundamental "conciousness" in regard to Flight Simulator X

When it comes to resources for FSX I spend my time searching here in the Forum. The guys here are very sharp and very helpful. Then I investigate how I want to spend my money..The system I have now was built in Sep 2013 and caused me roughly $1800+.  Prior to that I had been upgrading a system I built 8 years prior and even managed FSX on that. I last upgraded that to win7 32bit and I had never seen OOM errors until I moved to 64bit. In any case, I think reinstalling first and adding all your sceneries  etc would be  good start to see where you might be lacking.....If you can hang on a bit longer, I hear there might be a 64bit Flightsim coming soon...though not FSX....I'm hardcore FSX user...

All the best

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Have you any good resources and advises to build a fundamental "conciousness" in regard to Flight Simulator X, Win 7, Security and so on? When it comes to FSX I want not go too much into detail, because flying is more important. However, that much being able to understand how FSX works internally.

I always recommend the following guide for reinstalling FSX - http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

I also recommend using the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide for first setting up FSX.  You can modify things slightly after everything is set up but this configuration works in most cases.  AVSIM also has a CTD Guide which provides useful information on how to continue to avoid CTD's in the future, etc.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hey Troy, thank you very much for your help so far. Do you mean the Flight Simulator 2015 by Dovetail Games?

@Jim. Thanks for your reply! I just have found and downloaded the CTD Guide. Where can I get the reinstalling Guide for FSX?

here can I get the reinstalling Guide for FSX?

The link did not show up.  Sorry.  I forgot you have to go to BBC Code to paste a link in a post.  I'll edit the above post with the link.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hey Troy, thank you very much for your help so far

You Bettcha..Anytime.

Do you mean the Flight Simulator 2015 by Dovetail Games?

Honestly I can't say. I hear talks like this all over the forum, but I'm not one to open a can of beans when I have no general knowledge of whats going on...It's all hearsay to me until something is officially announced :smile2:

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE