Sign in to follow this  
Falcon164

Can't get Prepar3D v2.4 to run at all

Prepar3D v2.4 was installed and registration completed with no problem.
On running the splash screen displays for a while then nothing. It was uninstalled then reinstalled.
Still the same. FSX runs fine.
System
Intel i5 4690k 3.5GHz 4 core
Asus z97k motherboard
Asus GeForce GTX 760 graphic card
Windows 8.1 pro
8gb memory
2tb hard drive

This happened to me a couple of times. Just stop the simulator and restart, worked every time.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Can't see anything in the event viewer. Multiple restarts don't help I'm afraid.

Prepar3d is shown in the task manager processes tab until the splash screen disappears.

Hello Falcon,

A couple of Quick Questions - Did You Run the installer as Administrator ?? Have You tried Installing it Outside of the Program Files Folders ?? - Was There Anti virus or any other Programs running at the time of  Installation ?? - Have You tried Running the

" *.exe " from within the P3D directory ?? - Just Trying to think of Possibilitys - Good Luck - You'll Love It when You get'er Going !! 

Johnman

Hello Falcon,

Having Read this Fourm for a while - these are things that have come up that have messed up an installation - if and or when You decide to Re Install - You may want to consider 4 Yes's - especially shutting down the antivirus - for the Installation ! - And Just Make SURE You have FUN doing it !!

Johnman

I have that problem.

I went into: Users/name/App Data/Local/Lockheed Martin/Local/Prepar3d v2/ I renamed the Prepar3d file. Then Users/name/App Data/Lockheed Martin/Roaming/Prepar3D v2. I renamed the Prepar3d V2 file. I restarted Prepar3D. It started ok after it rebuilt the files.  

splash screen displays for a while then nothing.

If you mean a black screen with nothing going on be aware P3D uses a full screen Window technique.  Hit keys Alt + Enter and you may end up viewing P3D after all.  :rolleyes:

To stop this occurring in future place a tick in the box against Back-out Desktop and also against Mipmap VC Panels both under Options/Settings/Display/Graphics.

All the best.

If you have any FSDT scenery, download and run the latest Addon Manager.  See AVSIM CTD Guide for more suggestions.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Don't have FSDT scenery. Not a black screen after the splash screen but the normal desktop.

Users/name/App Data/Local/Lockheed Martin/Local/Prepar3d v2/ is not present.

Users/name/App Data/Lockheed Martin/Roaming/Prepar3D v2 does exist. Renaming the Prepar3d V2 file cfg file does not solve the problem.

Windows 8.1 compatibiliy troubleshooter says incompatible program but no difference running in any other O.S. mode.

After firstly uninstalling P3D (see pinned topic ... and delete ANY folder/file left behind,) re-download the app from Lockheed Martin turning off all anti-virus/malware and firewall programs.  Make sure UAC is disabled as well as Windows Firewall.

Install as Administrator.  Not sure, but possibly run under Win 7 Compatibility mode.  Others will chime in here.

Have fun.   B)

Don't install in the standard program folder (program files (x86)) and it's no need to run in Windows 7 compatibilty mode. I never had problems with Windows 8, 8.1 and even not now in Windows 10. Always run P3Dv2 in administrator mode.

Spirit

Hey Falcon,

Sounds LIke You are going to be Busey - Good Luck - Let Us know how You make Out !

Johnman

Prepar3D v2.4 was installed and registration completed with no problem.

On running the splash screen displays for a while then nothing. It was uninstalled then reinstalled.

Still the same. FSX runs fine.

System

Intel i5 4690k 3.5GHz 4 core

Asus z97k motherboard

Asus GeForce GTX 760 graphic card

Windows 8.1 pro

8gb memory

2tb hard drive

Hi Falcon,

How long did you wait at the splash screen? First run can take significantly longer to load as the scenery indexes, etc. have to be built. Also the shaders have to be compiled so you could be looking at a blank window for a while before the image pops into view and the contents are placed.

Regards,

Mike