Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Simpson

DX10 Fixer and GSX text box

Hi guys,

After installing DX10 fixer, the bar text line across the top of the screen is now green and no text appears in it.

This is ok apart from the messages which GSX generates re doors open etc can not be seen.

GSX asked me to check with Steve.

I wonder has this got something to do with changing the resolution when installing DX10.

Thanks in advance.

S

Stephen Simpson

Systems: Flight System: AMDRyzen7 7800X3D, 32GB DDR, RTX4090,Windows 11.

Utilities System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 11.

Are you using DSR and have you selected the experimental DSR text rescaling option? - that can cause ill effects with the info bar.

Hi steve. Thanks for getting back to me.

How do you mean DSR?

Cheers

Stephen Simpson

Systems: Flight System: AMDRyzen7 7800X3D, 32GB DDR, RTX4090,Windows 11.

Utilities System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 11.

Well if you are asking that question I guess not then.

In that case uninstall the libraries from the controller and report what happens then (that is in default DX10).

Hi Steve,

i had the same Problems. After deinstall the libraries everething is normal. What is the Problem with the Libraries? With the Libraries installed the red words for Position and FPS in the left upper corner are too big. The right upper corner with the zoom information has gone. FS2crew bar in the left upper corner is unreadable and so on. After deinstall it works well and the size is perfect. Does the Fixer work well without the Libraries?

The fixer doesn't work at all without the libraries - it was a test.

Reinstall them then go into the Other dialog and check that the DSR pulldown on the righthand side is set to None. If it is set to anything else it will cause the symptoms you describe.

Hi Steve,

thank you so much.

In the Other dialog the DSR was set on 2. Set to none, all fine now. One little thing: i can not enable DX10 Compatible Reflections. I read in the Manual, but for me there is no Answer. Can i get a little Help on that?

Best Regards,

Peter

That only affects legacy aircraft built with the FS8 SDK.

If the option is greyed out then its because your

FSX DIR\texture\envmap.bmp doesnt exist or is the wrong size.

very occasionally some people seem to have oddly sized versions or an envmap.dds and no envmap.bmp

If you have a spare pc install fsx and get the original file.

Hi guys,

After installing DX10 fixer, the bar text line across the top of the screen is now green and no text appears in it.

This is ok apart from the messages which GSX generates re doors open etc can not be seen.

GSX asked me to check with Steve.

I wonder has this got something to do with changing the resolution when installing DX10.

Thanks in advance.

S

Do you really need the text bar? I don't need anyone to tell me to open the door, after unchecking it and I don't get that annoying ding and text bar anymore.

so basically your ignoring the ground  crew  than :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

so basically your ignoring the ground  crew  than :P

no, I listen to the crew, the pilot doesn't have a text bar in real life.  :P