Sign in to follow this  
roland_lfor

Another radar gauge for VC & Window usage

John,

About the shell, do you speak about the 2D window mode? It was not in my todo list but you are the second person asking for such evolution.

So the sweep is working finally?

Roland

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Roland

The sweep is working fine thanks. About the shell, correct. It would just look like a real weather gauge with one.

Thanks

John

To all:

If you insert successfully the gauge into a VC panel, please copy the "panel.cfg" declaration line here (for "unlisted yet" aircrafts of course); Also perhaps the original gauge you have disabled and the [Vcockpit] section ID.

The Goal is to make a sort of Aircraft database of VC gauge positions, this to help other users to declare the gauge in one pass and save time. I'll list them in the gauge documentation for next update.

Thanks

Roland

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Can you put a link to the GTN 750 integration picture? I have no access to this forum

It's not a screen capture. It's just Rob Ainscough's (He's a mod here at AVSim) post:

I know the web site says "weather" not included/functional, but the unit that comes with the Carenado Seneca V does indeed show weather.

I believe Carenado use the following DLL (in my DLL.XML) called "CMeteoXml.dll" to get the weather data into the GTN.

Is there anything available for the 750? Or, has anyone tried using the Carenado dll to get weather in the 750?

Cheers, Rob.

Here's what your gauge looks like in the Milviz Baron B55 VC with the GTN 750:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5379637/radar%20gauge.jpg

That explains why the range, gain and tilt can't be adjusted, since the GTN 650 has different button configurations than the GNS units. The GTN 650 has Home, Direct To, Large Knob, Small Knob and Volume controls. None seem to work with your gauge.

Understood. Perhaps that you can use the mouse wheel if my mouse_rect declaration is not overridden by the GNS 650 one?

Sometimes it's possible at the edge of the gauge (left/up).

Roland

Any mouse actions not focused on a button just brings up the popup 2D GTN 650.

It's really not a problem, but it would be nice to have either a XML configuration or an INI file, so the default radar gauge settings could be modified. Thanks again. I've been flying around south Florida and there are scattered thunderstorms, so your gauge has come in handy.

Thanks to FSDevelopers WiKi and Ben from FS++, I'm now able to get the Q400 Weather radar knobs value to drive my radar settings. FSDevelopers is really a gold mine! Umberto should write some C++ books :rolleyes:  

I'm going to build a more generic code from Umberto templates and should be able to support quite easily some 3rd party aircrafts which contains usable weather radar knobs. Next target = NGX, not sure it's radar knob are functional... will see

Roland

Roland

I've added it to the RAZBAM Metroliner III with no difficulty. It works very well. It would be a bonus if the 3d knobs could be used, but I'm pleased with it already. Thanks!

These are the panel.cfg settings for  Manfred Jahn's   C-47 v2:

[Vcockpit04]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=512,512
visible=1
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$C117_05

//gauge00=FS9Garmin430_Basler!GNS430_nc2,  9,1,500,266
gauge00=RolasnRadar!ORadGauge, 140,41,240,160, sweep|icingz.gif

36681070.34719fb1.640.jpg

z.gif

This a/c  has 2 GPS panels GNS530 and GNS430, so now tthe 430 converts to radar and you still have the 530 for GPS. The only (small) problem is that when using the 530's buttons it changes the radar settings, so every time you use the GPS you then have to readjust the radar.
Maybe it will be more convenient to have a version of the radar gauge which is adjusted only with mouse over for all three adjustments (range, tilt, gain) and not with keys. It will not be as "realistic" but easier to be used with the various panels. 

I could add a "nogps" gauge option (like icing & sweep options) to disable the Gps buttons events handler.

However, with my tested aircrafts where I replaced a Gps device, most of the time the mouse capture area is masked by the original mouse rect whis is oftenly used to open the 2D Gps panel. In this case you can't use mouse to set radar parameters.

You can can verify this easily: the 2 mouse rectangles exist on the VC gauge as well . Are you able to change radar settings (range/tilt) with the mouse over your 430 glass?

(I can't see the picture in your post)

Roland

In  Manfred Jahn's C-47 the mouseover adjustments work. As they should work with every panel designed with the "classic" way where a gauge is projected on a "VC texture".

With complex panels and gauges where there is a 3D "object" instead of  VC texture or a combination of the two, the mouse over does not work. Instead the object "screen" is coded to "toggle GPS". Even the buttons may be the same as 3D,  so they dont work either and you can't do any adjustment to the radar, buttons or mouse over.