[Vcockpit03]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=0
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$primary_panel3

//gauge00 = Metro_IIIC!M3_WX_RDR_BDX_82, 20, 120, 1000, 768
gauge00 = RolASNRadar!ORadGauge, 20, 120, 1000, 768, sweep|icing

I should mention that with the new version, the Jahn DC-3 no longer crashes FSX when I exit it.  It the previous version it did.

I love bugs that fix themselves :)

Or did you fix it, Roland??

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

Actually, you have used only one version - v0.6 - (unless you are running P3D) as v0.5 was not working on most FSX installations. 

I fixed it but before 0.5 :lol:  :unsure:

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

I continue my research for a better VC integration.

I'm quite happy with this new gauge mode which permits to keep most of the original glass display and draw only the radar "pie" in a sort of "ghost" mode.

See the integration result in the Q400:

675053ASNWRadarQ400cone.jpg

• Upvote 1

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Actually, you have used only one version - v0.6 - (unless you are running P3D) as v0.5 was not working on most FSX installations. 

I fixed it but before 0.5 :lol:  :unsure:

Is this gauge still available for download? 

No, I asked Avsim team to remove it. I don't see any reason to use it, even with P3D.

V 0.6 fix the major Fsx issue but also contains enhancements so...

Roland

Roland

Another good client aircraft is the PMDG JS41 as there is an unused Wx radar unit.

Declaration is easy at the end of [Vcockpit02] section in panel.cfg:

gauge06=RolasnRadar!oRadGauge,  532, 525, 472, 331, sweep|icing

Radar settings Tilt/Range are available through mouse wheel over the glass.

mini_790065Sanstitre1.jpg

Large image: http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/790065Sanstitre1.jpg

Roland

Roland

Hello,

There is a new version 0.7 available on Avsim Library.

So what's new?

1. This DLL contains a second gauge "ConeRadGauge", dedicated to the integration inside the great Majestic Dash-8 Q400. The radar display is located on the FO Main Display Unit. The main part of original DU is kept, only the radar sweep "pie" zone is replaced (very lucky with the way Majestic has coded its DU gauge which allows transparency). Unfortunately this integration causes a stochastic flickering issue on my system. But I decided to make it available for those who want to give it a try as it may behave differently on other configurations. I found a workaround which I present in the Pdf, hopefully it will work also for you, please tell me. The FO "range" & "display mode" knob and the pedestal Wx radar Tilt and Off/Tst/Stdby/On are read by the gauge (but not the gain). See the Pdf for details.
  2. Added option "nogps" so the gauge will not read Gps knob events to adjust radar parameters. Useful if you have a twin Gps VC and replace one of them with the radar (and you can use mouse whell to adjust Tilt/Range). I think it was the Manfred C47 case.
  3. Added option "ghost" so the radar settings (Tilt/Range/Gain) are not displayed. This option must be enabled with the Q400.
  4. Fixed the sweep pie shape so it's true circular now

The gauge is available here: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxgau&DLID=188598

(I left version 0.6 available in case of problem)

Please report back how behaves the Q400 integration on your systems. Notice that I did not tried on Fsx, only P3D.

Thanks

Roland

Roland

John,

About the shell, do you speak about the 2D window mode? It was not in my todo list but you are the second person asking for such evolution.

So the sweep is working finally?

Roland

Hi Roland,  

Make that three who would like a functional shell for windowed mode, if at all possible.  It would be great to be able drag it to a separate monitor next to my other gauges, including GPS/FMC etc.  Hope you can make it happen and  thanks for your work!

Regards, Kendall

Hi Kendall,

It's on the ToDo list but:

1. I never developed such 2D gauge with graphics & knobs, so I have to learn. (no idea about knob animation)
  2. I need to find a clean real cockpit picture of a radar display device (with no or low geometric distortion). If someone have one...

So I cannot guarantee anything. Please be patient :smile:

Actually the priority is to know if v0.7 is working correctly on all systems, collect some feedback, and fix issues if any.

Roland

Roland

A user has found a bug in V0.7

- Range setting with mouse wheel is not working anymore

- also 2D window sizing is impossible

I have uploaded a fix version 0.8. It should be available shortly in Avsim library

Sorry for that  :wacko:

Roland

Roland

I have tried the gauge with the RealAir V2 Duke (piston) using the Reality-XP (RXP) G530 X2; the first 530 for NAV/GPS, the second for the Roland Radar Gauge. The gauge seems to work with ASN on a separate PC however the Gain/Range/Tilt controls don't appear to work in window or full mode. Is this due to the RXP face?

Thanks / Les Parson

It seems that the RXP uses custom knob events and not standard FSX Gps knob events, so my gauge can't catch them of course.

But did you tried with your mouse wheel? Two areas are defined over the gauge:

- top left to change Tilt

- top middle/right to change range

You should see the mouse cursor change over these areas.

Roland

Roland