Sign in to follow this  
roland_lfor

Another radar gauge for VC & Window usage

I tried the new version 0.8 with the RealAir Duke (piston) and the RXP 530 X2 selection. With this version using RXP 530 2 for the Radar, I only get the mouse hand with the left on/off button with no functionality including the middle mouse wheel in full or windowed mode. I also tried the other areas on the RXP gauge you recommended in the previous message, however still no success. I would be happy to  have RXP 530 #1 for NAV and standard GPS #2 for weather radar, but I  don't know if that can be set up.

Les Parson

Well, I double checked with version 0.8 that :

- in window mode, mouse wheel can set tilt and Range (FSX & P3D)

- in Vc mode as well (PMDG JS41 - FSX)

- Gps knob events are handled for Tilt/Range/Gain in VC mode (P3D - A2A PA-28)

So I don't see Why it would not work as expected.

Your case is similar to Manfred C47 v2 Twin Gps VC or am I wrong?

Unfortunately I don't have the RXP package to test.

Can someone else using the RXP can confirm?

Or the Duke Vc model can be the cause: if a mouse click over the glass opens the 2D Gps window, my mouse events are masked and I can't do anything I'm afraid.

Roland

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Hi Roland,  

Make that three who would like a functional shell for windowed mode, if at all possible.  It would be great to be able drag it to a separate monitor next to my other gauges, including GPS/FMC etc.  Hope you can make it happen and  thanks for your work!

What is your wished shell window size?

Roland

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Roland thanks this is amazing works great with Just Flight L-1011 pro :Applause:

rgdQJ7.jpg

Thanks,

Can you give us the working gauge declaration in your L-1011 panel.cfg?

Hum, looking to the picture, I think you miss most of the gauge display. You are supposed to see 4 dotted range arcs. Try to reduce the gauge size.

Could someone give some feedback with the Q400?

Roland

Roland

Roland;

Redit the size and true 4 dotted configs for L-1011 pro.

[Vcockpit12]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=0
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$vc_WXR

gauge00=RolasnRadar!oRadGauge,  123,192,766,612,sweep|icing

What is your wished shell window size?

Roland

Hi Roland

Sorry for the delay.  I guess it wouldn't matter to me because one could resize it to fit their needs after moving it I to another monitor.  I've seen the RXP Radar so I guess something like that would be great.

I realize you've never done this type of programming before, so no rush from me.  I wish I could help but I just do scenery design.  Maybe the venerable teacher Mr. Leaming will chime in with some guidance?  I see you've also discovered FSDeveloper.   Thanks and keep up the good work.

Regards, Kendall

Hello Kendall,

Slow progress here, I'm using a shell picture provided by Nirgal76.

I've tried to eliminate quickly some geometric distortion with Gimp, here is the result:

978949ASNWRadarShell.jpg

I'm afraid I have no idea about 2D button animation in a C++ gauge, so if someone can make it, I will be happy to integrate.

I can send the high res shell picture.

Otherwise, I will only try to catch up mouse click on appropriate areas to handle range/tilt/gain.

Do you thing it could be acceptable?

Roland

Otherwise, I will only try to catch up mouse click on appropriate areas to handle range/tilt/gain.

Done !

Roland

Hi Roland,

That looks fantastic, well done!

I'll drop you a PM with my email.  If you are willing,  send me the files and I would gladly take your new gauge for some test runs?

Thanks again!

Regards, Kendall

Kendall,

I have added a "mode" selector to suit the standard 4 positions power button: Off | Stdby | Test | On.

This new gauge implementation model [shellRadGauge] is Off when you first open it. So you will first need to turn the power button (left - bottom) to see something.

I have also quickly set a basic "Test" mode display, which shows a still picture with 4 color bands that everyone can easily recognize  :P 

As the gauge has now several different running conditions, I need to check if there is no regression with other usages:

• OpaqueRadGauge in window 2D
  • OpaqueRadGauge in VC
  • ConeRadGauge in Majestic Q400
  • Fsx & P3d

The gauge has now like a 10 cases test matrix!

After that I can send you a Beta for testing, hopefully during the Week-End :rolleyes:

Are running FSX or P3D?

Roland

Roland

Hi Roland, picked up and tested.  Check your PM's

Thanks.

Regards, Kendall

Has anyone figured out how to use this gauge with the Realair Turbine Duke with 2 GTN units? With any permutation of two 750s and 650s, the VC radar gauge's black field and white dots show up plastered all over the ADF and other gauge faces, but the second GTN is just black. I commented out the 2nd GTN line in the VC entry in Panel.cfg and added the radar gauge line. Apparently gauge order must matter.

The 2D popup radar gauge does work, so the radar gauge is communicating with ASN.