Sign in to follow this  
roland_lfor

Another radar gauge for VC & Window usage

Thanks a lot, looks really good, i'll set it up. FS community rocks!!

rb_banner_driver.png        ugcx_banner.png

Olisa "Ols" Achonye  

USN/USAF  

Wx radar is not compatible with P3Dv4.4 yet!

Would you be working on it?

Tks

Pierre

Im on 4.4 using the radar and it works.

rb_banner_driver.png        ugcx_banner.png

Olisa "Ols" Achonye  

USN/USAF  

Absolutely Olisa, working fine here also in P3Dv4.4.

Using PC12

Tks

Pierre

I've installed this as a popup in a couple planes (C27 IRIS  and Carenado F50 Fokker) .  Both show only a transparent black box, both planes running/ready for TO.  

64bit Win7 Pro

AS for P3Dv4   v6909, AIRAC 1601

P3Dv4.4

Am I doing something obviously wrong that I'm overlooking?

Thank you,

Did you download the correct version for P3Dv4: the x64 versionof the gauge?

Did you installed Microsoft VC++ 2013 x64 redistributables?

Try to add "|starton" option at the end of the gauge declaration so you are sure that the radar is running as soon as you open it, as far as battery is ON and Master radio is also ON.

Edited by roland_lfor

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Hello Roland,

Thank you very much for your excellent work creating this gauge. I fly the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 but it only has a dummy wx radar. I asked the question in the Hi-Fi Technical forum whether I could utilise Hi-Fi AS16 Wx gauge into the aircraft and was directed to your topic there.

It took a few changes to get things working but I now have a working wx radar and I'm delighted. We're so lucky to have people as clever as you. I'm going to write to Xtreme Prototypes and ask them to include a link to your gauge on their website . That doesn't appear to break your T&Cs. Would that be okay?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 10/27/2019 at 9:28 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hello Roland,

Thank you very much for your excellent work creating this gauge. I fly the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 but it only has a dummy wx radar. I asked the question in the Hi-Fi Technical forum whether I could utilise Hi-Fi AS16 Wx gauge into the aircraft and was directed to your topic there.

It took a few changes to get things working but I now have a working wx radar and I'm delighted. We're so lucky to have people as clever as you. I'm going to write to Xtreme Prototypes and ask them to include a link to your gauge on their website . That doesn't appear to break your T&Cs. Would that be okay?

Ray,

I'm sorry, I haven't been notified of your message and just discovered it (also Avsim has changed this forum path, it was lost for me)

Thanks for the kind words, happy to see you enjoy the gauge 🙂

Of course you can give the link to this thread and to the download link.

Cheers

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

25 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Ray,

I'm sorry, I haven't been notified of your message and just discovered it (also Avsim has changed this forum path, it was lost for me)

Thanks for the kind words, happy to see you enjoy the gauge 🙂

Of course you can give the link to this thread and to the download link.

Cheers

Hi Roland,

Since I wrote that I did contact Xtreme Prototypes about providing a link but as they are well advanced on v3 which will have a better integrated radar they didn't take up my suggestion. I shall carry on using it until v3 arrives.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Roland,

I'm still using your great weather gauge with ASP4 and P3d4. My question is have you ever considered developing a gauge that works with REX products such as SkyForce and the upcoming WeatherForce?

Hi Jay,

The answer is no for at least 3 reasons:

- I don't use these products (and I don't think they provide an API)

- REX sales already their radar gauge (with Milviz)

- and as many of us I'm looking forward to FS20 I guess 😉

Edited by roland_lfor

Roland

On 12/7/2019 at 4:24 AM, roland_lfor said:

Hi Jay,

The answer is no for at least 3 reasons:

- I don't use these products (and I don't think they provide an API)

- REX sales already their radar gauge (with Milviz)

- and as many of us I'm looking forward to FS20 I guess 😉

Well, is there any possibility that you could make the gauge work with ASP 3D for P3d5?

Yes, please support p3dv5...

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS