Sign in to follow this  
roland_lfor

Another radar gauge for VC & Window usage

On 6/6/2020 at 11:26 AM, roland_lfor said:

Did you changed something in the panel definition?

With the new Dll you need the VC++ redistributables for 2019 x64.

Hello Roland,

Changed nothing in the panel definition. Just updated to ASP3D beta4 with your dll v3. still the issue. I post a screen with all the element I have in mind:

On7lw.png

Antoine Lebourg

119019.png

23 hours ago, alebourg said:

Hello Roland,

Changed nothing in the panel definition. Just updated to ASP3D beta4 with your dll v3. still the issue. I post a screen with all the element I have in mind:

On7lw.png

The "No Radar link!" message says that the Callback function has not been called by ASP3D with a valid pointer on data.

It's like ASP3D is not running. 

• Do you run ASP3D before starting a P3D scenario?
  • Is the HiFi XGauge working correctly?
Edited by roland_lfor

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

1 hour ago, roland_lfor said:

The "No Radar link!" message says that the Callback function has not been called by ASP3D with a valid pointer on data.

It's like ASP3D is not running. 

• Do you run ASP3D before starting a P3D scenario? YES, I start ASP3D before P3D V4, and well connected to P3D
  • Is the HiFi XGauge working correctly? Yes, according to the screen below

Due to Disk space, I'm using dynamic for my "Prepar3d v4 Add-ons" folder. Not sure if it can be the rootcause. The WX radar is working well with built in aircraft like PMDG.

P9Xw0.png

Antoine Lebourg

119019.png

I just noticed something odd with the most recent version of the gauge and the most recent ASP3D beta. When I change the range setting on the gauge, it takes maybe 10-15 seconds to show up in the display. The previous versions changed in one radar sweep. Any thoughts?

Same here, but it's not a modification on my side.

I guess that's part of bug fixes made by HiFi on Beta 4 related to corrupted data, or maybe more a workaround.

Edited by roland_lfor

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

On 6/9/2020 at 7:52 AM, roland_lfor said:

Can you try with the oRadGauge declaration?

Did you read troubleshooting section in my doc?

Hello Roland,

Tried oRadGauge give the same result. What is strange is it worked before. Just updated ASP3D and your new DLL, then I got the message. No other change made !

Yes I read the troubleshooter documentation

Antoine Lebourg

119019.png

Hello,

After desinstallation of both Active Sky version (P4 & P3D) and reinstallation of ASP3D only, with the V3.0 gauge, I still get the "No Radar Link !" message. Maybe something wrong in my PC configuration...

I then reverted back to ASP4 (unistalling ASP3D and reinstalling ASP4) with the V2.0 gauge and gauge is working fine !

Antoine Lebourg

119019.png

@roland_lfor

I'm running P3Dv5 with ASP3d4 Beta also have GTN 750 modded in the phenom.

I've been trying to test and configure a modification another user Jfrex has created for the carenado Phenom 300 with a your gauge.

I've included my panel.cfg https://pastebin.com/2iiygqZp

Now I might be doing this wrong completely and have the wrong version of ASP3d beta V4/V5 version.

8JtZFsP.png

The Rolland V2 and V3 via your linksand have been installed both and switched for testing and I cannot get the panel to show up.

1YX6bY9.jpg

Above is the cockpit on with the WX radar and it's clickable buttons

5YEcztU.jpg

With the V3 of your Guage I at least get a + and - icon in the center. but nothing appears in the weather radar.

Xguage is what Hifi uses I don't see the Xgauge defined in my panel config yet it's in the panel itself. does ASP3D inject the weather gauge?

is that a feature I should turn off?

P0xXuWq.png

And from left to right top to bottom are the panel ordres.Efis, WxRadar , Xguage.

Maq189C.jpg

JXrpO5g.jpg

I'll direct the user that made the mod here to so and see if any additional input can be made.  I might just be on v5 out of luck and use this xgauge for the time being.

Thanks very much to you and Jfrex for making this mod and for giving us the tools to add simulation much appreciated!

Edited by DaveME

Dave,

You are still using the old Herblot's  WX radar gauge in the [Vcockpit03] section. This will not work in P3D v5

gauge00=RolasnRadar!ORadGauge, 50,76,314,178, sweep|icing.

If there is an updated version of this gauge for P3D v5, then make sure that the names for the container file (RolasnRadar) and the gauge (ORadGauge) are the same as the V3.

Jorge

Regards,

Jorge

i9 10900KF 5.3 \ ASUS Maximus Hero XII \ GigaByte RTX 2080Ti GAMING OC 11GB \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3200MHZ \ ASUS ROG 34" UHD monitor\
Samsung 950 PRO M.2 NVME 500GB C Drive \ 4 - 1TB Samsung 860 EVO \ Windows 10 PRO v2004 \ P3DV4.5 \ P3DV5 \ MSFS 2020 PD Ed. \
Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder 1600M FCS \ Saitek Pro PZ45 Throttle Quadrant \ Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

On 6/20/2020 at 3:20 PM, alebourg said:

Hello,

After desinstallation of both Active Sky version (P4 & P3D) and reinstallation of ASP3D only, with the V3.0 gauge, I still get the "No Radar Link !" message. Maybe something wrong in my PC configuration...

I then reverted back to ASP4 (unistalling ASP3D and reinstalling ASP4) with the V2.0 gauge and gauge is working fine !

Issue solved... I rolled back to V2 dll. After rereading all post and checking the DLL with HEX editor, I understand the V3 is only for P3D V5. P3D V4.5 should keep V2, whatever using ASP4 or ASP3D ?

Edited by alebourg

Antoine Lebourg

119019.png

Roland,

Have you tried using the radar gauge with P3d 5.1 and the ASP3D beta (#8 is the latest)? Using the EA (trueSky 3D clouds) option the radar gauge shows precip when there isn't any. The gauge worked okay with ASP3d and P3d 5 HF2

Jay

On 1/26/2022 at 4:19 PM, roland_lfor said:

Hi Jay,

P3D is not anymore installed on my rig, I've never used v5.1, sorry.

Nevertheless I now have your gauge running in P3D v5.3HF2 and can confirm it’s working fine. 👏

Many thanks Roland for your expertise in creating this. Now that MilViz has abandoned the Rex gauge yours is the only one left outside of PMDG.

And thanks too to @Damian Clark for ASP3D and the API that makes this possible. 😁👏

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks a lot for your kind words Ray 🙂

I'm really happy that the gauge is still useful for some of us!

Edited by roland_lfor
  • Like 1

Roland