Sign in to follow this  
roland_lfor

Another radar gauge for VC & Window usage

Nike,

To open the radar without using the menu, the gauge must be declared between [window01] and [window09] so you can use the Shift + num call.

Roland

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Instead of adding the gauge @ rank 47 in your panel.cfg, you insert it for example @ rank 8 [window08] and shift all window numbers of subsequent windows to keep the ascending count.

Then you can call the radar with "Shift + 8"

Roland

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Hello,

Just to let you know that I have send a "suggestion" to HiFi forum to ask if they can provide profile/vertical data to their API along a supplied bearing angle.

If they do so, I should be able to add profile view mode to the gauge, it would almost complete radar functions.

Roland

Roland

Hello Roland, 

I have a comment and a couple of questions: 

1.) Yesterday, approaching KUTS (Huntsville, TX) from the north, I was attempting to land prior to the arrival of a massive frontal line 

with Level 6 TRW's. This was also perfectly in sync with real world events (currently the lead story in US news). Your ASN 

radar perfectly displayed the line so I'm assuming the display regularly indicates accurate placement of TRW cells; can you 

confirm? 

2.)  I fly the Real Air v2 Dukes exclusively now and wondering if you or anyone has managed a way to use the 2d Shell in the VC

panel similar to what another guy did with the Flysimware MU2. 

3.)  How does the Ice warning work with the radar displays? 

4.) This is really a first rate add-on; thanks for all your efforts!

Les Parson

2.)  I fly the Real Air v2 Dukes exclusively now and wondering if you or anyone has managed a way to use the 2d Shell in the VC

panel similar to what another guy did with the Flysimware MU2. 

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/459050-another-radar-gauge-for-vc-window-usage/?p=3190638

1.) Yesterday, approaching KUTS (Huntsville, TX) from the north, I was attempting to land prior to the arrival of a massive frontal line

with Level 6 TRW's. This was also perfectly in sync with real world events (currently the lead story in US news). Your ASN

radar perfectly displayed the line so I'm assuming the display regularly indicates accurate placement of TRW cells; can you

confirm?

You must understand that my gauge only create display and beam animation from data supplied by the ASN engine, the gauge do not create cells by itself of course. Thus said, after all my "radared" flights I assume that radar display (and data) is very accurate to the current sim depiction. Often, you can see new cells created in the sky and see them appear on the radar exactly at the same time.

3.)  How does the Ice warning work with the radar displays?

You will see between 1 up to 4 red stars above the Wx Mode status, representing 4 icing levels.

4.) This is really a first rate add-on; thanks for all your efforts!

Thanks!

Roland

Roland

Anyone have the panel.cfg entry for Flysimware C441?   I updated my aircraft version and lost it.   Thanks!

Dear Roland,

I was wondering if you would be interested in creating the ASN radar gauge for Eaglesofts Citation X 2.0. I would be happy to compensate you for your work via PayPal. The X displays Wx Radar both on the PFD and MFD. on the PFD a button on the display control panel that says "PFD wx" is pressed and the HSI is turned to arc mode (which is simulated) and the returns are just placed under the compass arc (seems like that would be pretty easy to do). For the MFD there is also a button on the display controller that says "MFD wx" and it overlays the returns on the mfd. on the left hand side of the mfd, the top "box" displays either "weather off or on" and the tilt angle. The virtual cockpit has the controls on the pedestal for the radar they just aren't functional (on, stby, off, tilt control, gain, etc) which would make great click spots. Please send me a pm. Thanks for your work, John.

John,

If you know how glass cockpit graphics are drawn on a VC, you understand that mixing a radar bitmap (or any information) with an existing glass cockpit requires that you have access to the original glass cockpit code to prepare a new single bitmap which contains all information and draw it.

The compromise is to draw "over" the existing glass, but then you mask underneath information. This is what I tried with the Q400.

I spend 2 weeks on the special Q400 integration case with a mitigate result as I don't have the MFD source code. And to be honest I don't really know why I'm successful to draw something (sometimes!) on the top of the MFD in the Q400. Probably lucky with the way Majestic has coded its gauge.

To be clear its impossible to get a good result out of Eaglesoft developers team.

(I'm quite sure they won't release their source code in public domain...)

--> May I suggest you contact them to request a new "radared" version?

In the meantime, you can tried the "ConeRadGauge" with "starton" option over one of Citation glass and see if it draw something.

If the display works over and Citation Wx knobs events (LVars) can be captured, I could eventually use them to set radar parameters. But I don't own the Citation so ...

(There is another solution to draw over an existing gauge with DirectX, but only with P3D and I did not (yet) spend time on)

Roland

Great gauge, thank you for developping.

Anyone got a panel.cfg for the QW Bae146?

Regards

Patrick

For the citation X, the radar returns could at least be on the PFD as it doesn't cover anything, it's just under the arc. Would you be interested in trying that? Like I said I would be more than happy to compensate you for your work (at least buy you the Citation x). Eaglesoft is snobbish when you ask for additional features. The click spots could still be added in the virtual cockpit over the radar controls even if the knobs don't move, could they not? Let me know what you think. In the meantime I will try what you suggested and see if it works at all.

John

I don't think it's possible to adress clic spots outside the gauge area. The best thing is to try the ConeRadGauge over the PFD arc.

If you are lucky you will be able to set params with the existing clic spots (4).

I'm afraid I can't do more for this case.

Remember you can also use the pop-up shell version in any aircraft.

Roland

Roland

I don't think it's possible to adress clic spots outside the gauge area. The best thing is to try the ConeRadGauge over the PFD arc.

It is not possible. All virtual cockpit "click spots" are created by inserting the XML scripts for them directly into the compiled model (.mdl) file. Without the original Max source file, nothing can be changed and/or added to.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator