Sign in to follow this  
roland_lfor

Another radar gauge for VC & Window usage

Next one - seems to work great Carenado PC12 with Mindstar GPS 530 at top and Roland Radar at bottom.

Roland seems to only have two clickspots - Off/test/On  and Range??

e729fe1808.jpg

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Dean,

It's probably because declared gauge size and position are not correctly ajusted.

Seeing the above picture it's clear that you need to decrease the size and move down/right the pos. You even can't see the radar parameters labels!

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Thank you Roland. Time for some tinkering!

Cheers

Dean

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Hello, 

I am building an A320 home cockpit -- currently using Jehell FMGS (available for free here -- http://flightsystem.wix.com/airbus )

Unfortunately weather radar functionality is not built in. 

Is it possible to use your weather radar and overlay the existing airbus Navigation Display (ND)? This way the navigation data (flight route) can be 'merged' with the weather, just like in the real aircraft. 

Thank you.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

It's not possible to merge properly MFD display with my radar bitmap.

See post #220 for details.

Thus said, you can try the "ConeRadGauge" implementation as for the Q400 Use case. As it draws only the cone area, it may offer a good compromise over you MFD.

Let us know!

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

I cant make this gauge work.

There´s a thread in the flysimware supportforum:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/469987-weather-radar-for-fsxse-p3d/page-2#entry3267162

I have tried adding the gauge to the MU-2 in both FSX-SE and P3Dv2.5 with the same result, no radar and both sims eventually CTD

And this morning I tried to just ad the pop-up gauge to the default C172 in FSX-SE And the sim didnt even load the C172, but crashed.

I´m 99.9999999% sure that I have followed the manuals. I also have installed the microsoft libraries. But just in case, heres a screenie of my control panel. So if anything is wrong there, please tell me.

Both P3D and FSX se are fresh installs on a new win 7 install. Its a sim dedicated PC that I dont use for anything else. Before this Radar gauge I havent any sim crashes.

lib_zps03yvx9qh.jpg

I see there is 4 SimConnect installs + 1 Esp. CTD may come from that. You should keep only one SimConnect version and I suggest to keep the Fsx Acceleration.

Almost 500 simers are using my v1.0 gauge and you are the only one complaining about CTD...

also I had a look to the other thread, you are mixing a captainsim radar with mine? I don't think it can work.

You can see in the previous page a MU2 user who had the same trouble with a wrong panel.cfg

Roland

Well, thanks for your reply.

The 4 simconnect installs are told to be nescessary for some AC addon especially the PMDG J41.

They all come from the FSX-SE folder where the simconnects are. I installed them manually. You can see they have the same date. I was clearly adviced to install them all on a website dedicated solely to how to install FSX-SE when you dont have boxed version. 

Why do you say that i should keep the acceleration? It confuses me a bit. Do you mean the Simconnect that comes with acceleration? Remember, I use FSX-se and P3D

I was actually more worried about the fact that I have two VC++2013 (x86) libraries installed!!!

If you look well on the other thread, its not me mixing the Captain Sim radar with yours. On the contrary, I´m the one saying that it looks fishy. The panel cfg from which the entries that I have posted come, I downloaded from the flysimware website, and I believe its wrong.

And finally, I dont believe your gauge is a general ctd provoker. But it is on my system. And when you have used a lot of time setting up a flightsim pc from scratch, you remember the first CTD, and unfortunately, (on my system) it was provoked by your gauge.

The flightsim world can be very confusing.

Why do you say that i should keep the acceleration? It confuses me a bit. Do you mean the Simconnect that comes with acceleration? Remember, I use FSX-se and P3D

Yes keep the one coming with Acceleration. I doubt that PMDG takes 4 different versions to work properly!

As already written, have a look to the previous page as someone had the same trouble with this "ready to use" panel.cfg for the MU-2. Take the original panel.cfg back, modify it manualy and it should be ok. I you can't, then I suggest to PM him to get his panel.cfg. (Dean33)

I agree that you should have also only 1 set of x86 VC2013 package.

Roland

I deleted one of the VC++2013 x86, so that I now only have one. Now I can load the default c172 with the popup gauge, but the gauge is empty or black, The mouse pointer changes when moving over the screen, but it stays black.

So, this means that after some hours or tweaking and reading, I´m back to where I started. 

So with respect of simconnect dll:

do you have FSX-steam installed?  When it comes to simconnect its a different story and the general consensus if you search google is that the 3 extra simconnect.dll that are in a fsx-se folder should be installed and not only because of JS41, but because of many addons not showing up.

Also, I belive to remember that in FSX box, you end up with 3 or 4 different simconnect.dll installed if you start from FSX box, then sp1, the sp2, the acceleration. 

I give up for now. To much tweaking without results drains me out. I need to use the sim now and not tweak it for a while.

You forget the most important:

As already written, have a look to the previous page as someone had the same trouble with this "ready to use" panel.cfg for the MU-2. Take the original panel.cfg back, modify it manualy and it should be ok. I you can't, then I suggest to PM him to get his panel.cfg. (Dean33)

Roland

no, because as I have stated, the problem is not the MU-2 install. Its all installs i have tried.

As I already have written, I have tried installing the popup gauge into the default C172 and I get only a black screen, And its not because of lack of VC++ etc.

Besides, I have the exact same problems in P3Dv2.5 with different AC. 

I dont want to sound negative. I highly appreciate that you have made a freeware gauge, but it doesnt help 1 second when you say that you have 500 happy users of the gauge. It never helps.

I dont want to sound negative

But that's what you are doing...

Besides, I have the exact same problems in P3Dv2.5 with different AC

As me without any problem

but it doesnt help 1 second when you say that you have 500 happy users of the gauge. It never helps

The exact sentence is: Almost 500 simers are using my v1.0 gauge and you are the only one complaining about CTD

You were speaking about CTD, I let you know that it's not coming from my gauge in v1.0 for sure, it's only a technical advise so you'd rather look to another cause, that's all.

If you have read the whole thread (I don't think you did) you can see that I do my best to solve simmers problem with the gauge, and I think that all cases were solved...

But I see in various threads that you don't take the time to read carefully help answers and explore their resolution tracks, but you prefer to continue this negative thinking, saying each time you have the good VC libs...

So please read again the Pdf where it's explicitly written that you are using the gauge at your own risk, and if you don't like/know tweaking, please don't even try to use it.

Discussion closed, thanks

Roland

Roland,

Here's how the gauge looks in the RealAir Turbine Duke V2 in P3d 2.5:

radar%20gauge2.jpg

I really hope you can tell this will work in FSX. I also have the Turbine Duke and run 2 GTN 750's and now want to put this gauge in one of those gps.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I managed to get it into the GTN 750 thanks to your great instructions as they really helped. 

I was so happy to finally have weather radar until I met some storms and found the display was showing little squares and not the smooth shapes shown in this thread. What can I do to fix this?

UPDATE: my fault, I had simple clouds checked and when I changed that to detailed clouds I got the correct graphics. 

I just want to thank you so very much for this software and letting me finally get weather radar into a panel. 

r1_zpsouzjcdqh.jpg

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png