Sign in to follow this  
roland_lfor

Another radar gauge for VC & Window usage

Does not work for me too, either VC or as a 2D panel. I installed the VC++ 2013 redistributable, but gauge remains invisible.

FSX SP2, win7 64bit.

ASN's Xgauge should be installed for your gauge to work? (I have it uninstalled)

Thanks for your effort, I hope you can solve the problem, it looks like a very realistic gauge.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback.

No the ASN's gauge is not required, and I would recommend to remove it from your panel.

A shame that I'm unable to identify the common parameter that leads to failure in all your cases. It's very difficult to fix problems when you can't reproduce them.

My config: P3D v2.4 / Win7 x64

As mentionned before: gauge uses SimConnect and requires the avionic bus to be powered.

Roland

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

I have reinstalled my old FSX and try to reproduce the problem. At this point I saw 2 problems:

1- The gauge is not loaded under FSX: the DLL is loaded, but not the gauge code

This explain that you see the window opening a short time and disapears

2- I solved this first issue, now the gauge crash FSX

So now I should be able to find 2nd issue.

Roland

Sorry for that. Current version should work under P3D.

EDIT: actually the crash is caused by the lack of suitable ASN installation in my FSX. (miss "as_srv.dll" loading at Fsx startup).

So I send the new DLL to a Beta tester with FSX & ASN. If it works correctly, I'll upload a new version shortly.

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

I finalized the fixed version 0.6. I installed ASN for FSX, then I was able to test it with P3D an FSX as well.

I have uploaded the new package and it should be available tomorrow on AVSIM library.

Roland

Roland

Roland, 

Thanks. That now works as a popup. Can you place it in the VC without replacing an existing GPS unit? 

Jay

I'm happy to be able to report that the gauge now works fine in FSX!  Good work sir.

I have it installed in the PA-28 and it looks great and works fine.

I also installed it in the DC-3 (Manfred Jahn's DC-3 V2) and it works fine there too, but there's an odd side effect.  When I try to re-load the aircraft, FSX crashes.  This does not happen without the radar gauge in the A/C.  And it doesn't happen with the Cherokee.  I'll keep on investigating this.

Many thanks your gauge looks fine and simple, very professional and useful.

Dutch

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

Hi Roland

Many thanks for the update. Unfortunately all I am getting is a blank screen, at least this time it is staying on and not flashing off after a second. I feel sure that i am getting close. Any new ideas I could use?

I am running FSX on Win8. I have tried dx9 and 10, both the same.

Many thanks

John

Roland, I've installed the gauge in a pop-up window, and I'm hankering to wrap something around it to make it look and work like a typical Wx radar.

I've found that the GPS key signals will control it nicely, but I have a couple of questions.

Is there a way to power it up and down other than the avionics switch?  (K:GPS_POWER_BUTTON) seems to have no effect.

Is there any way to control the intensity?  It's great in the daytime, but at night it glares pretty bright.

Thanks

Dutch

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

@Jay

you need at least an existing "glass cockpit" area in your VC to put the gauge instead of another one. I've tried to machine a hole in a VC, but you can not put the gauge there as the panel model does not contain the destination $texture (compiled with the model).

But I'm new to this gauge and panel world so ... experienced people may propose something else? I was quite successfull using the FO main display unit in the Majestic Q400 (with some flickering problems, but I found a tip).

655260ASNWRadarQ400.jpg

Roland

@John

Sorry to read that. As it's now working for Ducth and Jay, I would suspect a "local config" problem. I can only repeat some basic checkings:

- ASN Library must be loaded through you DLL.xml so the gauge is able to grab ASN function pointers

- Check the gauge declaration in your panel.cfg with the Pdf document

- When ASN is not running, gauge is supposed to display "No radar link!" in blue font

- If there is no rain around you should see only the 4 dotted range arcs.

Does you ASN setup working correctly?

@Dutch

It's currently not possible to change display intensity, I need to see that point.

Some aircraft panels handle that, try with the Marcel's Katana 4X. The Gps knob change the glass cockpit intensity (probably with transparency). It works with my gauge also.

I may add the Gps power button in  the future, however it allows to switch between the Gps and weather display if you leave the original Gps gauge active in the panel.cfg. Try it with the Cherokee, it's quite usefull to get a dual function display :rolleyes:

I don't own Manfred Jahn's DC-3 V2. If I find some time, I'll try to debug that case. Is it freeware?

Roland

@Jay

you need at least an existing "glass cockpit" area in your VC to put the gauge instead of another one. I've tried to machine a hole in a VC, but you can not put the gauge there as the panel model does not contain the destination $texture (compiled with the model).

But I'm new to this gauge and panel world so ... experienced people may propose something else? I was quite successfull using the FO main display unit in the Majestic Q400 (with some flickering problems, but I found a tip).

655260ASNWRadarQ400.jpg

Roland

@John

Sorry to read that. As it's now working for Ducth and Jay, I would suspect a "local config" problem. I can only repeat some basic checkings:

- ASN Library must be loaded through you DLL.xml so the gauge is able to grab ASN function pointers

- Check the gauge declaration in your panel.cfg with the Pdf document

- When ASN is not running, gauge is supposed to display "No radar link!" in blue font

- If there is no rain around you should see only the 4 dotted range arcs.

Does you ASN setup working correctly?

Roland

Here is my dll.xml. ASN is not mentioned. Is this a problem? I can still connect to ASN though.

Regards

John

Sorry, here is my dll.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>PDFKneeboard</Name>
        <Path>.\modules\pdfkneeboard.dll</Path>
        <Commandline/>
    </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
        <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

John

John, sure you miss an ASN dll here. Sorry I don't have my computer in front of me, but it is something like "as_srv.dll". It's a dll located in "<FSX>/as_srv" folder if my memory is good.

This DLL entry is automatically added by ASN installer. Try reinstall ASN.

Roland

Roland

Thanks Roland. I reinstalled ASN, checked the dll.xml and still no entry for ASN. Funny thought, my weather updates with ASN. Beats me.

John

John,

ASN installation has 2 steps: first install the ASN app itself out of sim path, second it installs a set of components inside the sim path. Did you see the second step?

Do you have a new "as_srv" folder or similar under the sim root path? If yes you will find the suitable dll and you can add manually the entry in DLL.xml, something like:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ASN server</Name>
        <Path>as_srv\as_srv.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

Roland

EDIT: I believe the weather depiction in the sim does not require "as_srv.dll", but did you try to install the ASN original weather gauge in one of your aircraft? This one may requires the dll.

Roland